Alerchek Od Eye Drop
Alerchek Od 2 MG Description
Alerchek Od Eye Drop is an anti-allergic medicine. It contains olopatadine as its active ingredient. Alerchek Od is effective in treating allergic conjunctivitis (symptoms include redness, itching, w
atery eyes, etc). You need to use this medicine as advised by the doctor. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it. You should remove your contact lenses before using these eye drops. Avoid contaminating the tip of the eye drop.
Uses of Alerchek Od 2 MG
Contraindications of Alerchek Od 2 MG
- If you are allergic to Olopatadine or any other ingredients of Alerchek Od Eye Drop.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If your child is less than 3 years old.
Side effects of Alerchek Od 2 MG
- Eye discomfort
- Eye pain
- Eye irritation
- Dry eye
Precautions and Warnings of Alerchek Od 2 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any other eye problems.
- You had any eye surgery.
- You need to remove your contact lenses before using Alerchek Od Eye Drop.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using this medicine, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Alerchek Od Eye Drop should not be used in children who are under the age of 3 years.
Mode of Action of Alerchek Od 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Alerchek Od 2 MG
- Use Alerchek Od Eye Drop as instructed by the doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss dose.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you are prescribed any other eye drops, you need to keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Interactions of Alerchek Od 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Alerchek Od Eye Drop.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with this medicine, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Alerchek Od 2 MG
- Store Alerchek Od Eye Drop below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks after first opening it.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Alerchek Od 2 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Alerchek Od Eye Drop?
Q: Can Alerchek Od Eye Drop cause dry eyes?
Q: Is Alerchek Od Eye Drop a steroid?
- Opatanol Eye drops- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Opatanol Eye drops- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]