Albucel 20% Injection 100ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
100ml Solution For Infusion in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Albucel Solution For Infusion is used to restore and maintain the circulating blood volume, where a volume deficiency has been evident. It contains human albumin as its active ingredient. Albumin acts by replenishing the depleted fluid or blood volume in the body due to various conditions or incidences. This injection will be administered to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital setup. Do not self-inject. You should follow the aftercare procedure as advised by your doctor. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medicines and supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting the medicine....
Uses of Albucel 20 %
Albucel Solution For Infusion is used in the restoration and maintenance of circulating blood volume.
Contraindications of Albucel 20 %
If you are allergic to human albumin or any other ingredients of the Albucel Solution For Infusion.
Side effects of Albucel 20 %
Precautions and Warnings of Albucel 20 %
Can I take Albucel Solution For Infusion during pregnancy?
There is little safety information available on the use of Albucel Solution For Infusion during pregnancy, consult the doctor before using it.
Can I take Albucel Solution For Infusion while breastfeeding?
It is advisable to consult the doctor before breastfeeding during the treatment with Albucel Solution For Infusion as there is limited safety data available.
Can I drive after consuming Albucel Solution For Infusion?
It is not expected that Albucel Solution For Infusion affects the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Albucel Solution For Infusion?
No known interaction with alcohol along with Albucel Solution For Infusion. If you have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol, consult the physician.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of brain injury, the injection must be used with caution.
- You develop allergic reactions like rashes, itching, hives, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, high blood pressure, etc then the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
- You may develop a risk of transmission of infection, which is reduced by a screening of plasma donors for viruses.
- It must be used with caution in the situation when there is too much fluid in the blood. Such situations are heart failure, high blood pressure, heart problem, swelling in the lungs, anaemia, kidney dysfunction with urine output....
- If there are signs of increased blood volume like headache, breathing disorder, increased blood or swelling in the lungs, then the treatment must be stopped.
Mode of Action of Albucel 20 %
How Does It Work?
Albumin in the Albucel Solution For Infusion replaces the blood or body fluids lost during excessive blood loss in certain conditions.
Directions for Use of Albucel 20 %
- The injection is given to you in the hospital by the doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject the medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Albucel 20 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Albucel Solution For Infusion works or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor regarding the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Albucel Solution For Infusion must not be mixed with medicinal products, blood and blood components and with solutions containing alcohol.
Storage and disposal of Albucel 20 %
- Albucel Solution For Infusion must be kept below 25°C.
- Store it in the original container to protect it from light.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Albucel 20 %
The doctor or nurse is Albucel Solution For Infusion to you, which makes it less likely that you may get more or less of the medicine. If you experience headaches, difficulty in breathing, raised blood pressure, fluid in the lungs, etc after administering the injection, inform the doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse is monitor you on when Albucel Solution For Infusion must be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. If you think the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use the Albucel Solution For Infusion on my own?
A: No, it must be given by medical practitioners or under the supervision of medical professionals.
Q: Do I need to take precautions during treatment with Albucel Solution For Infusion?
- Yes, inform the doctor if you experience an allergic reaction.
- If you suffer from anaemia or heart problem.
Q: For how long will the Albucel Solution For Infusion be given to me?
A: The duration of the Albucel Solution For Infusion will be decided by your doctor on the basis of your condition after assessing the amount of blood volume of fluid loss in the body. In case, of a higher volume of fluid loss, the duration of treatment will comparatively be longer. Consult your doctor for further information.
- Albunorm20%, 200g/l, solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- KEDBUMIN- albumin (human) injection, solution, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Albunorm20%, 200g/l, solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.