Akt 4 Kit
Akt 4 Kit Description
AKT 4 kit tablets are medications that are used to treat Tuberculosis. It is a combination of four anti-tubercular drugs; Rifampicin, Isoniazid, Pyrazinamide, and Ethambutol. This combination of medi
cations is used in the treatment of tuberculosis infection. AKT 4 kit tablet is effective against treating bacterial infections caused by Tubercular Bacilli. Tuberculosis is a restult of an infection in the body, which affects the lungs, in most cases. If not treated, it can also affect the kidneys, the brain, the spine, and the bone marrow. This combination of medicine should be taken before food or an empty stomach with a glass of water. The dose and duration of the medication should be as prescribed by your doctor. The course of the tuberculosis treatment must be completed to eradicate TB Infection from the body completely. Note- Before taking this medicine, you must tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines for any health issues as there are chances of Drug Interaction. Before and after prescribing this medication, a Liver Function Test (LFT) and Kidney Function Test(KFT) is advisable.
|You Save||₹3.38 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Isoniazid(300.0 Mg) + Rifampicin(450.0 Mg) + Ethambutol(800.0 Mg) + Pyrazinamide(750.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, rashes, fever, dark-coloured urine, peripheral neuropathy, jaundice, increased uric acid level in blood and visual impairment.|
Uses of Akt 4 Kit
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Contraindications of Akt 4 Kit
- If you are allergic to the ingredients in the AKT 4 kit.
- If you have jaundice or other liver problems.
- In patients with liver toxicity, dialysis, and optic neuritis.
- If you are detected with HIV and on HIV medications, do not use an AKT 4 kit tablet (saquinavir or ritonavir).
- If you have epilepsy, gout, malnutrition, porphyria, bleeding disorders, please tell your doctor before starting the AKT 4 kit tablet.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have or had mental health problems.
- If you have kidney-related problems.
- If you have experienced peripheral neuropathy.
Side effects of Akt 4 Kit
- Malaise (feeling of discomfort)
- Vision problems
- Watery eyes
- Increased sputum production
- Excess salivation
- Dark-coloured urine
- Increased sweating
- Talk to the doctor in case these side effects persist or worsen.
Precautions and Warnings of Akt 4 Kit
Other General Warnings
- You missed doses in a row. Do not miss a dose, as this raises the danger of bacteria becoming resistant to the treatment and the possibility of side effects.
- You feel weak. It has the potential to produce vitamin B6 deficiency. Vitamin B6 supplements may be prescribed by your doctor to prevent vitamin B6 deficiency.
- You want to start a family. While taking AKT 4 kit, use a reliable contraceptive technique to avoid pregnancy (such as condoms or a diaphragm), as it may make hormonal contraceptives like the pill less effective....
- You feel better and want to stop the treatment. Even if you feel better, finish the entire course of medication. Early termination of treatment raises the likelihood of recurrence of the infection.
- The AKT 4 kit tablet is not for paediatric use.
Mode of Action of Akt 4 Kit
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Akt 4 Kit
- Follow the doctor's directions for this medication's dosage and duration.
- Before using, double-check the label.
- The AKT 4 kit must be taken on an empty stomach.
- Take the AKT 4 kit tablet 30 minutes before or two hours after eating.
- When taking AKT 4 kit, avoid foods high in Tyramine, such as cheese, smoked fish, meats, and some types of beer.
- Swallow the whole tablet with water.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets from AKT 4 kit.
- Take this tablet daily at a fixed time to ensure better efficacy.
- Depending on the level of infection, the dose and duration of the AKT 4 kit tablet may vary.
Interactions of Akt 4 Kit
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics (erythromycin)
- pain reliever (acetaminophen)
- anti-diabetic (insulin isophane)
- anti-HIV drugs
Interactions with food items
- AKT 4 Kit interactions with food
- Avoid alcohol while taking the AKT 4 kit tablet as it may induce dizziness and liver damage.
- Avoid foods and drinks that contain Histamine or Tyramine, such as cured meat, matured cheese, soya, tuna, salmon, mackerel, wine, and beer, as these may create an interaction.
Storage and disposal of Akt 4 Kit
Dosage of Akt 4 Kit
Missed a Dose
Dr. Pratik Gawai
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine