Afdura Tablet Description
Afdura Tablet is a combination medicine containing Dutasteride and Alfuzosin. It acts by causing smooth muscle relaxation in the bladder neck and prostate and improvement in urine flow. This medicine
is used for BPH in men with an enlarged prostate. Afdura Tablet not to be used in paediatric patients or women of childbearing potential and during pregnancy. This medicine can cause side effects like nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, dry mouth, dizziness etc. Side effects are temporary and go away on their own, if side effects bother you or your condition doesn't improve over time then inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹50.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alfuzosin(10.0 Mg) + Dutasteride(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)|
|Side effect||Nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, dry mouth|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
- Alfugress D TabletBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 223.00₹ 189.5533% CHEAPER₹ 18.96/Tablet
- Flotral D 10 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 315.00₹ 267.755% CHEAPER₹ 26.78/Tablet
Uses of Afdura Tablet
Contraindications of Afdura Tablet
- If you are allergic to Alfuzosin, Dutasteride or any of the ingredients of Afdura Tablet.
- If you have a history of orthostatic hypotension.
- If you are having any liver disease.
- If you are a woman of childbearing potential and during pregnancy.
- Afdura Tablet not to be used in paediatric patients.
- It should not be co-administered with potent CYP3A4 inhibitors such as ketoconazole, itraconazole and ritonavir.
Side effects of Afdura Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Hypotension (postural)
- Altered (decreased) libido
- Ejaculation disorders
- Breast enlargement and tenderness (gynecomastia)
Precautions and Warnings of Afdura Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from low or high blood pressure.
- You suffer from any eye disorder or planning to get eye surgery.
- You suffer from heart diseases.
- You have any fungal or viral infection.
- You are taking medicines for lowering immunity.
- You may experience problems in ejaculation, which will get back to normal once this medicine is stopped.
- Afdura Tablet should not be given to women or children.
Mode of Action of Afdura Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Alfuzosin works by causing the relaxation of smooth muscle in the bladder neck and prostate, resulting in an improvement in urine flow and a reduction in symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)....
- Dutasteride interferes with the formation of the hormone responsible for an enlarged prostate gland.
- This combination has complementary mechanisms of action which improves the symptoms like the urinary flow and urinary retention related discomfort and also the need for surgery to remove the enlarged prostate gland....
Directions for Use of Afdura Tablet
- Afdura Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Afdura Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Afdura Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for heart disease, antifungal medicines and medicines for HIV.
Storage and disposal of Afdura Tablet
- Store below 30°C in the original container.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Dosage of Afdura Tablet
Missed a Dose
- In case you have missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.