Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Acuclav 625 tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissue
s, joints and dental. It is a combination medicine containing Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid present inside this medicine work in a synergistic manner. They produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences. You should always complete the course of the treatment. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration.
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Acuclav 625 tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You are taking oral birth control pills
- You experience fatigue, fever (glandular fever), rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Acuclav 625 tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Acuclav 625 tablet.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test
Mode of Action of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Acuclav 625 tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acuclav 625 tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners, oral contraceptive pills, medicines to treat cancer, gout, medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant.
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
Storage and disposal of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Acuclav 625 tablet at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Acuclav 625 Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of Acuclav 625 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Acuclav 625 tablet take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Acuclav 625 tablet?
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Acuclav 625 tablet?
Q: Will Acuclav 625 tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: Is Acuclav 625 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Is Acuclav 625 tablet effective?
- AUGMENTIN (amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Amoxicillin+Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- DailyMed - AUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet, film coatedAUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium powder, for suspension [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]