Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets Description
Acuclav Tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. It is a combination medic
ine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the class of antibiotics. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹13.67 (11% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache|
- Omniclav 375mg TabletBy Cipla Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.00₹ 103.701.87% CHEAPER₹ 17.28/Tablet
- Mox Cv 375mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 264.00₹ 224.40₹ 22.44/Tablet
- Moca 375mg TabletBy Coxswain Healthcare6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 119.00₹ 19.83/Tablet
- Augmentin 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glaxosmithkline10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 229.00₹ 194.65₹ 19.47/Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 154.50₹ 131.3225.44% CHEAPER₹ 13.13/Tablet
- Mega Cv 375mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 126.90₹ 107.86₹ 17.98/Tablet
- Ampoxin Cv 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 200.40₹ 170.343.29% CHEAPER₹ 17.03/Tablet
Uses of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Contraindications of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Acuclav Tablet.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
Side effects of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problems.
- You are above 60 years.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Acuclav Tablet.
Mode of Action of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Acuclav Tablet works by the combined action of its two components.
- Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Acuclav Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acuclav Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, it is advised to monitor the blood tests like PT-INR regularly.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Acuclav Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store Acuclav Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Acuclav 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Acuclav Tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: How long does it take for Acuclav Tablet to show its effects?
Q: How many times should I take Acuclav Tablet in a day?
- Augmentin Tablets USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]