Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
1.2g Powder For Injection in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acuclav Powder For Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the ear, throat, respiratory tract, stomach, skin and soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It is a comb
ination medicine containing two antibiotics amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic. Please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your underlying condition....
Uses of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
- For the treatment of bacterial infections of the sinus, ear, throat, lungs, airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissue, bone, joints, abdomen, genitals, etc.
- To prevent infections associated with surgeries such as surgery in the gastrointestinal tract, head, neck, kidney, heart, pelvic cavity, biliary tract and joint replacement.
Contraindications of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Acuclav Powder For Injection.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam or carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
Precautions and Warnings of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
Can I take Acuclav Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential or needed.
Can I take Acuclav Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of Acuclav Powder For Injection passes into breastmilk. Lactating women should watch their babies for fungal infections in the mouth and diarrhoea. Breastfeeding should be discontinued in case you observe any of these symptoms in the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Acuclav Powder For Injection?
Acuclav Powder For Injection may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions. You should be cautious or avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Acuclav Powder For Injection?
There is no interaction known between this medicine and alcohol. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment as it can worsen some of the side effects of this medicine such as dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking this injection.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin or cephalosporins.
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys or you are elderly.
- You experience fatigue, fever, sore throat, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Acuclav Powder For Injection.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You have difficulty in passing urine or unable to urinate completely.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- It is advised to complete the course of antibiotics and not skip any dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
How Does It Work?
- Acuclav Powder For Injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for the infections. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivatesthis enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally....Read more
Directions for Use of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
Acuclav Powder For Injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine. Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure
or for aftercare....
Interactions of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acuclav Powder For Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners like warfarin, acenocoumarol, medicines to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid, medicines to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate and methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer)....Read more
Storage and disposal of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
- Store Acuclav Powder For Injection below 25°C, protect if from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Acuclav 1.2gm Inj
Acuclav Powder For Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse, thus the chances of an overdose are less because the treatment and the dose will be specific to the patient. However, in case of
any discomfort after or during the treatment with this medicine, it should be informed immediately to the doctor....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when Acuclav Powder For Injection should be given to you. So, it is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse m
ight have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Acuclav Powder For Injection?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment with Acuclav Powder For Injection or any antibiotics.
Q: I have a penicillin allergy, can I take Acuclav Powder For Injection?
A: No, you should not take Acuclav Powder For Injection if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Last Updated on: 23 Jun 2021 | 07:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved