Aciloc Rd Tablet 6's
By CADILA PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aciloc RD tablet is an anti-reflux medicine and is used to treat GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease) which does not respond to Omeprazole therapy alone. GERD occurs due to frequent acid reflux (burning pain or discomfort in the chest). Aciloc RD tablet contains a combination of Domperidone and Omeprazole. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Aciloc RD tablet.
Uses of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
Aciloc RD tablet is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to Omeprazole. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort, acidity, etc.
Contraindications of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
- If you are allergic to Omeprazole and Domperidone, any of the ingredients of Aciloc RD tablet
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disease.
- If you have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems.
- If you have problems related to bones like osteoporosis and have had a fracture.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeds or obstruction.
- If you have low blood magnesium levels.
Side effects of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
Can I take Aciloc RD tablet during pregnancy?
Aciloc RD tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as its components may cause harm to your unborn baby. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Aciloc RD tablet while breastfeeding?
- Components of Aciloc RD tablet pass into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Thus, consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aciloc RD tablet?
You should avoid driving or using machines if you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness or visual disturbances like blurred vision, etc.
Can I consume alcohol with Aciloc RD tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Aciloc RD tablet. However, avoid consuming alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking Aciloc RD tablet.
- You experience black stools.
- You are suffering from an HIV infection.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection.
- You develop skin lesions after taking Aciloc RD tablet.
- You have a history of fractures, osteoporosis or are taking steroids.
- You have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
- You have been taking Aciloc RD tablet for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this capsule for more than a year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
How Does It Work?
- Aciloc RD tablet works by the combined action of Omeprazole and Domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Omeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells. Thus, blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
Aciloc RD tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicine. However, as Aciloc RD tablet contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Avoid using Aciloc RD tablet if you are taking Clopidogrel.
- Avoid using it with medicines used to treat HIV like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir.
- Antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole should be avoided when taking this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like Methotrexate, Tacrolimus then levels of these can increase, causing side effects.
- Do not take an antibiotic called Erythromycin if you are taking Aciloc RD tablet.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like Digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental health problems like Diazepam, Phenytoin, a medicine used to stop blood from clotting like Warfarin should be used with caution.
Interactions with food items
Aciloc RD tablet is to be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
- Store Aciloc RD tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Aciloc Rd Tablet 6'S
Symptoms of overdose are dizziness, nausea, headache, confusion. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Aciloc RD tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any side effects or disadvantages of taking Aciloc RD tablet for too long?
- Yes, taking any medicine for too long or in too much quantity has its side effects.
- This medicine should only be taken for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate yourself.
- On long-term use, this medicine is known to cause low levels of magnesium, increased fracture risk and Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Your doctor may monitor you for these when on long-term treatment.
Q: Can smoking and alcohol increase acidity and GERD?
A: Yes, both cause an increase in acidity. Smoking also relaxes a valve present between the food pipe and stomach. This leads to stomach acid coming back upwards in the food pipe. This worsens reflux/ GERD disorders.
Q: Is Aciloc RD tablet effective?
A: Aciloc RD tablet is effective if taken at dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking medicine once you start feeling good, your symptoms may reoccur.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved