Abione 250mg Bottle Of 120 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
120 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Abione 250 MG Description
Abione Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It is used in men in the treatment of prostate cancer. It contains abiraterone as its main component. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doct
or and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹4528.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, indigestion, rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Abiraterone(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Abione 250 MG
For the treatment of prostate cancer.
Contraindications of Abione 250 MG
- If you are allergic to abiraterone or any other ingredients of Abione Tablet
- If you have any problems with your liver
- If you are taking it in combination with Ra-223
- It should not be used in women (especially pregnant women)
Side effects of Abione 250 MG
- High blood pressure
- Urinary tract infection
- Low blood potassium levels
- Blood in urine
- Swelling in your hands & legs
Precautions and Warnings of Abione 250 MG
Can I take Abione Tablet during pregnancy?
Abione Tablet must not be used in women. It is meant to be used only in men. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming this medicine.
Can I take Abione Tablet while breastfeeding?
Abione Tablet must not be used in women. It is meant to be used only in men.
Can I drive if I have consumed Abione Tablet?
It is not expected that this medicine will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Abione Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Abione Tablet. It is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any liver condition.
- You have problems with your heart such as heart failure, rapid or irregular heart rates
- You have low blood potassium levels or high blood pressure
- You have shortness of breath or have rapidly gained weight recently
- You notice swelling in your legs, ankles & feet
- You have diabetes or have problems with your blood vessels
- You are taking steroids such as prednisone or prednisolone
- You had taken ketoconazole in the past
- This medicine may cause decreased bone density in men who have advanced prostate cancer
- Ra-223 must not be given in combination with abiraterone and prednisone/prednisolone
- It should not be taken by women & children
Mode of Action of Abione 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Abiraterone works by blocking the effects of male hormones such as testosterone, stopping the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Directions for Use of Abione 250 MG
- Abione Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Abione 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Abione Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, diabetes, psychiatric illnesses or are taking painkillers, antibiotics
Storage and disposal of Abione 250 MG
- Abione Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Abione 250 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Abione Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Abione Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Abione Tablet?
A: Abione Tablet is used in men for the treatment of prostate cancer.
Q: Should Abione Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Abione Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. It should be taken without food.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- ZYTIGA 500 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- ZYTIGA 500 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed