Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid which mimics the actions of a male hormone (testosterone) used in the treatment of anemia (decreased oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood) and osteoporosis (thinning of bones).
Uses of Nandrolone
Treatment of osteoporosis when bones become thin and brittle.
Contraindications of Nandrolone
When should one not use Nandrolone
- Do not take this medicine if you have porphyria (an inherited blood disorder)
- Do not take if you are allergic to Nandrolone or any ingredient of this medicine
- Do not take in children under the age of 3 years
Side effects of Nandrolone
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Swelling in feet or ankle
- Rise in blood pressure
- Breast enlargement
- Change in sex drive
- Allergic reaction - itching, hives, and rash
- Difficulty in breathing
- Mood changes
- Weight gain
- Facial hair growth
- Menstrual changes
- Swelling or pain in abdomen
Precautions and Warnings of Nandrolone
Can I take Nandrolone during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Nandrolone while breastfeeding?
It is unsafe to take this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nandrolone?
Usually, it does not affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Nandrolone?
No specific interactions found about consuming alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an excessive use of alcohol
- You have brain-related problems (such as head injury, tumor)
- You have breathing problems such as asthma
- You have gallbladder disease
- You have heart problems
- You have liver disease
- You have mental/ mood disorders
- You have epilepsy
- You have a personal or family history of a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to medicine), intestinal problems, disease of the pancreas
- Close monitoring by your doctor may be essential in some cases, particularly the elderly
- At regular intervals, blood tests should be done to observe the oxygen-carrying substance in your red blood cells (haemoglobin)
Mode of Action of Nandrolone
How Does It Work?
Nandrolone works at the level of DNA and brings about effects similar to the naturally occurring male hormone (testosterone) in your body. It has been shown to influence calcium metabolism positively and to increase bone mass in osteoporosis.
Interactions of Nandrolone
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines to reduce the clotting of your blood (anticoagulants) e.g. Warfarin
- Insulin or other medicines which are used to control your blood sugar levels
- Erythropoietin (medicine to cure anemia)
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of Nandrolone when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Dietary Restrictions of Nandrolone
No information is available on dietary restrictions while you are taking Nandrolone, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Dosage of Nandrolone
If you happen to take an overdose of the medicine, seek emergency medical care immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the dose and the time for the next dose is close, do not take a double dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Nandrolone?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical and surgical history
- Inform your physician if you have any of the following conditions:
- Allergy to this medicine or peanuts and soya proteins
- Severe kidney disease
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Inform if you are pregnant, lactating or planning a pregnancy
Last Updated on: 05 Oct 2020 | 10:47 PM (IST)
Recent articlesView More
19 Nov 2020Know How Antibiotics Can Mess With Your Gut And Cause Acidity!
Antibiotics kill bacteria, that’s their job after all. It is how they have saved millions of lives over the centuries. However, killing the harmful bacteria responsible for ...
12 Nov 2020Heartburn And Acidity – The Downside And Side Effects Of Painkillers!
Are you amongst those who pop painkillers quite often? Well, you may not be aware, but painkillers can end up causing heartburn and damage to your stomach. Heartburn and a...
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Medicines containing Nandrolone
DECA DURABOLIN 25MG INJECTION
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1ml Injection in Ampoule
+ View More Medicines
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved