Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml Description
Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml contains a combination of two medicines, Dexamethasone (steroid) and Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic). It is used to treat inflammation and swelling in the eyes after surgery or
operation; It is also used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic medicine that works by inhibiting certain enzymes responsible for bacterial replication. Dexamethasone is a steroid, which works by reducing the swelling and inflammation by inhibiting the production of natural substances in the body. You should complete the course of treatment and do not stop on your own without informing your doctor.
|₹4.20 (14% on MRP)
|Dexamethasone(0.1 %) + Ciprofloxacin(0.3 %)
|OCCULAR OR OTIC ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID
- Ciplox D E/e DropsBy Cipla Limited10ml Eye/Ear Drop in BottleMRP 24.14₹ 20.7619.61% CHEAPER₹ 2.08/Ml
Uses of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
Contraindications of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin, dexamethasone, or any other component of the medication.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to similar ointments like Norfloxacin and other Quinolones.
- If you are suffering from an eye infection which affects your cornea and caused by Herpes simplex virus.
- If you are suffering from a fungal or viral or infection of the eye.
Side effects of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
- Redness and watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Visual disturbances
- Dryness in eye
- Eye pain
- Sensation of foreign particles in eyes
- Swelling in eye
- Increased sensitivity to light
Precautions and Warnings of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing tension in your eye or glaucoma.
- You are expected to take this medicine for a longer duration.
- You experience any other infection while you are using this medicine.
- You have developed a fungal infection of cornea upon prolonged use.
- The steroid present in Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml can mask the symptoms of other infections.
- Eye pressure should be monitored every 10 days.
- You are experiencing visual disturbances, blurred vision, and other eye-related problems (cataract).
- Do not wear contact lenses if there are signs and symptoms of bacterial conjunctivitis.
Mode of Action of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
- Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by inhibiting the enzyme in the bacterial cell responsible for replication, growth, and repair of bacteria, thus inhibits bacterial growth.
- Dexamethasone is a steroid. It works by suppressing the inflammatory response by blocking the action of inflammatory mediators. It helps in reducing the swelling and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
- Use Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml as advised by your doctor
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper, and you must keep the dropper clean
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue
- Check for the colour of the solution
- Avoid using if it has changed colour or has become cloudy
Interactions of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Ciprofloxacin & Dexamethasone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- This medicine is for application in the eye, which makes it less likely to interact with any other medicine. If you are prescribed any other topical medication, then discuss it with your doctor.
- There are rare chances of its systemic absorption from eye application yet, you should be cautious if you are taking Cyclosporin, Theophylline, caffeine, and oral medicines to thin the blood like Warfarin....
Storage and disposal of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
- Store in a cool and dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed, and you should discard it properly.
- You should not use the medicine if you notice that the colour of the content is different or particles are present.
Dosage of Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Zoxan D Eye/Ear Drops 10ml, then instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next installation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, then skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.