Zoleget 4mg Injection
Zoleget 4 MG Description
Zoleget Powder For Injection is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and to prevent bone complications. It also helps to reduce the amount of calcium in the blood which is
too high due to the presence of cancer. It contains zoledronic acid as its active ingredient that belongs to the bisphosphonates class of medicines. The dose, duration, and frequency of the treatment will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Zoleget Powder For Injection will be given to you at a hospital under the medical supervision of the doctor and nurse. Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor.
|You Save||₹397.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Zoledronic Acid / Zoledronate(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Osteoporosis, high blood calcium level|
|Side effects||Low level of calcium in blood, kidney problems|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Uses of Zoleget 4 MG
- Osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
- Prevent bone complications such as fractures in an adult patient with bone cancer
- Helps to reduce the amount of calcium in adult patients that occurs as a result of cancer.
Contraindications of Zoleget 4 MG
- If you are allergic to zoledronic acid, any other biphosphates or any of the ingredients of Zoleget Powder For Injection.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Zoleget 4 MG
- kidney problem
- Low level of calcium in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Zoleget 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have less amount of calcium in the blood. As it may lead to dry skin, burning sensation, muscle twitch, seizures, spasms, irregular heartbeat, etc. In such conditions, the doctor might give you adequate calcium and vitamin D supplements before starting the treatment with this injection....
- You have or had kidney problems.
- You have a history or currently have pain, swelling or numbness, or heaviness of the jaw. The doctor might recommend a dental examination before starting the treatment.
- You are having any kind of dental treatment or are due to undergo dental surgery.
- You experience unusual signs in the mouth or teeth such as pain swelling, loose teeth etc. Because it can be a sign of osteonecrosis of the jaw (a condition of bone disease that occurs when there is a loss of blood to the bone). ...
- You are undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or taking any steroids, have gum disease, or smoke, then there are more chances of developing osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- It is recommended to maintain good oral hygiene during the treatment with Zoleget Powder For Injection.
Mode of Action of Zoleget 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zoleget 4 MG
- Zoleget Powder For Injection will be given in the hospital or clinic by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine and follow the aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Zoleget 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Zoleget Powder For Injection or Zoleget Powder For Injection itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interactions....
- Concomitant use of Zoleget Powder For Injection and medicines used to treat severe infections, calcitonin (to treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and hypercalcaemia), diuretics, or any other calcium lowering medicines. As it can lead to a drastic drop in blood calcium levels....
- Avoid simultaneous use of Zoleget Powder For Injection and thalidomide (used to treat a certain type of blood and bone cancer), or any other medicine to treat cancer, as it may lead to osteonecrosis (a condition of bone death caused by poor blood supply)....
- Avoid taking any other medicine that is already containing zoledronic acid, to avoid toxicity or any unwanted effects.
Storage and disposal of Zoleget 4 MG
- Zoleget Powder For Injection should be stored in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C but no longer than 24 hours.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zoleget 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Zoleget Powder For Injection used for?
Q: What is Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
Q: Does Zoleget Powder For Injection cause Osteonecrosis of the jaw?
Q: Is Zoleget Powder For Injection a habit forming medicine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Zoledronic Acid infusion- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B2 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]