Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
By FDC LIMITED
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml contains Cefixime which is an Antibiotic medicine.
Uses of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear
- Infection of nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis)
- Infection of urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections)
- Throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis)
- Infection of chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)
Contraindications of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
- You are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
- Severe diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Vaginal discharge
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Allergic reaction like rash, joint pain, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
- Fever, sore throat, bleeding gums
- Skin rash with a pink/ red ring and a pale center which may be itchy, scaly or filled with fluid (Erythema multiforme)
Precautions and Warnings of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
Can I take Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not studied Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml while breastfeeding?
It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch out for symptoms of diarrhea and fungal infection of mouth in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml?
This medicine can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- You are suffering from the condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
How Does It Work?
Cefixime works by killing the bacteria by inhibiting the formation and growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bttle and shake well before use.
- Reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle and any unused solution should be discarded properly.
Interactions of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (medicine used to treat seizures)
- Medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin
Storage and disposal of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
- Store below 25°C
- After reconstitution store in refrigerator
- Protect if from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Zifi 100mg Dry Syrup 30ml
If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What do you mean by inappropriate use of antibiotics?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for wrong diseases, taking inappropriate dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by doctor.
Q: I was given this medicine for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, but some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: What is antibiotic resistance?
A: Antibiotic resistance is a natural process. It occurs when an antibiotic fails to efficiently control the growth or kill bacteria causing infection. A bacteria resistant to antibiotics continues to multiply in the presence of antibiotics, which would normally kill them. As resistance develops, these antibiotic medicines become gradually less effective – and eventually, they lose their effectiveness entirely. Antibiotic resistance is a consequence of the excessive use of antibiotics and misuse even when not required.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved