Zeptol Cr 300mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zeptol Cr Tablet is an anti-convulsant medicine that is used to treat certain types of seizures/fits (partial and generalised tonic-clonic seizures). Epilepsy is a condition where there are brief occurrences of loss or disturbance of consciousness with or without convulsions. These episodes (seizures/fits) are unpredictable and their occurrence does not have a fixed pattern. This medicine has an active component called carbamazepine that prevents the occurrence of seizures/fits in some forms of epilepsy. Your doctor will recommend this medicine to you and will tell you how and when to take them. Always follow his/her instructions carefully and take the medicine at the right time. Tell your doctor about any medical problems, other medicines and supplements that you are taking. This medicine is not to be used in children under 5 years....
|You Save||₹6.57 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, red itchy skin bumps, dizziness, swelling|
Check more medicines with composition as Carbamazepine(300.0 Mg)
Uses of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
Zeptol Cr Tablet is used for the treatment of certain types of epileptic fits known as generalised tonic-clonic and partial seizures.
Contraindications of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
- If you are allergic to carbamazepine or any other ingredient of Zeptol Cr Tablet.
- If you are allergic to tricyclic antidepressants such as clomipramine, imipramine, amitriptyline, nortriptyline, doxepin. Ask your doctor what these medicines are if you are not sure.
- If you have a type of heart block known as an atrioventricular block (AV block).
- If you have had a history of bone marrow depression (decreased number of those cells in the bone marrow that can develop into all types of blood cells).
- If you have a history of hepatic porphyrias (acute intermittent porphyria, variegate porphyria, porphyria, cutanea tarda).
- Zeptol Cr Tablet is contraindicated to be used along with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO's like selegiline, rasagiline, phenelzine, tranylcypromine).
Side effects of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
- Red itchy skin bumps
Precautions and Warnings of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
Can I take Zeptol Cr Tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Zeptol Cr Tablet during pregnancy is seen to increase the risk of developmental disorders and malformations (incomplete development of spine and spinal cord, cleft lip/palate, cardiovascular malformations) in the infant. Thus, it is recommended that the use of Zeptol Cr Tablets be avoided in women who are pregnant or are planning on becoming pregnant soon.
Can I take Zeptol Cr Tablet while breastfeeding?
Zeptol Cr Tablet is known to pass into the mother's breastmilk. Thus, to prevent the possibility of this medicine being ingested by the suckling infant via breastmilk, it is suggested that women who are breastfeeding should not take Zeptol Cr Tablet tablets.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zeptol Cr Tablet?
Zeptol Cr Tablet may cause dizziness, drowsiness, lack of muscle coordination, blurred vision and seeing two images of a single object. Hence, after taking this medicine, if you feel that you may not be able to drive safely, then it is recommended that you do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Zeptol Cr Tablet?
Zeptol Cr Tablet is seen to interact with alcohol. Hence, the consumption of alcohol while on treatment with this medicine is not recommended and should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of bone marrow depression.
- You have or have a history of any kind of liver or kidney disease.
- You have any kind of heart disease.
- You have thyroid disorders and take medicines for them.
- You have taken medicines called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) within the last 14 days.
- If you develop symptoms like skin rashes, itchy bumps, mouth sores, blistering or peeling of the skin, yellowing of the skin and eyes, severe weakness, severe muscle pain, unusual bruising or bleeding, frequent infections that do not go away, fever, trouble swallowing or breathing, tiny pinpoint red to purple spots on your skin. These may indicate serious problems in your liver or blood cells....
- You develop signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction to the medicine (fever, rashes, weakness, red itchy skin bumps, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, sleepiness, impaired coordination, swelling, decrease in white blood cells count)....
- You are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant soon.
- You are a woman and do not use an effective method of contraception or use oral hormonal contraceptives.
- You experience an increase in the frequency of seizures after taking Zeptol Cr Tablet.
Mode of Action of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
How Does It Work?
In epilepsy, there is the repetitive firing of the nerves which causes the signals between the nerves to be disrupted. This causes disturbance of consciousness (seizures/fits) with or without convulsions. Zeptol Cr Tablet stabilizes these nerves and prevents their repetitive firing. It also decreases the production of certain chemicals that are responsible for the excitement of the nerves. Thus, this medicine prevents the occurrence of seizures/fits in patients with epilepsy....
Directions for Use of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
- Take Zeptol Cr Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zeptol Cr Tablet works or this Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Care should be taken when Zeptol Cr Tablet is given along with CYP3A4 inhibitors (erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, verapamil, diltiazem, ritonavir, grapefruit juice), CYP3A4 inducers (rifampicin, barbiturates, anti-epileptic medicines) or inhibitors of epoxide hydrolase. The dose of Zeptol Cr should be adjusted accordingly. ...
- This Tablet may reduce the effect of oral hormonal contraceptives and lead to failure of contraception. Women of childbearing potential (women who have not yet reached menopause and are capable of becoming pregnant) should be advised to use other effective methods of contraception....
- This medicine interacts with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO inhibitors like selegiline, rasagiline, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranylcypromine) and are not to be taken together.
- Special attention must be paid to combinations of Zeptol Cr Tablet with levetiracetam, isoniazid, lithium, diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide) and direct-acting anti-coagulants (rivaroxaban, dabigatran, apixaban, edoxaban)....
Storage and disposal of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
- Store Zeptol Cr Tablets in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zeptol Cr 300 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Zeptol Cr Tablet include confusion, sleepiness, blurred vision, slurred speech, lack of muscle coordination, fainting, vomiting. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of medicines as it may lead to complications associated with the disease. However, if you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What time during the day should I take Zeptol Cr Tablet?
A: The doctor will suggest you the best time of the day to take Zeptol Cr Tablet depending on your condition, other medications that you take, food and lifestyle habits.
Q: Can I stop taking Zeptol Cr Tablet if I do not have seizures anymore?
A: You should never stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting your doctor first. If you feel better and do not have seizures anymore, your doctor may lower your dose or even change your medicines. However, it is always recommended that you talk to your doctor about any questions that you have.
Q: Can I take Zeptol Cr Tablet along with my other regular medicines?
A: Your doctor will recommend whether you can take Zeptol Cr Tablet if you are taking or have recently taken other medicines. Please inform your doctor about any other medicines that you are taking, including nonprescription medicines.
Q: How much time does Zeptol Cr Tablet take initially to show its effect on the body?
A: Zeptol Cr Tablet takes about 1 to 2 weeks after the first dose to show improvement in signs and symptoms.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Tegretol 200mg Prolonged Release Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Tegretol® -XR (carbamazepine extended-release tablets) [Internet]. Novartis.us. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Carbamazepine Sandoz retard tablet 400, prolonged release tablet 400 mg [Internet]. Mri.cts-mrp.eu. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].
- Carbamazepine: medicine to treat epilepsy and nerve pain [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.