Zenoxa 150mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zenoxa 150 MG Description
Zenoxa Tablet is an anticonvulsant medicine that is used to control the seizures. Oxcarbazepine is the active ingredient present that helps in decreasing the impulses from the nerves that may cause s
eizures. Zenoxa Tablet is either given alone or in combination therapy for the treatment of various types of seizures. This medicine is not recommended in children below 4 years of age. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Zenoxa Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹12.98 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Fever, sneezing, sore throat, dizziness, vision disturbances|
Check more medicines with composition as Oxcarbazepine(150.0 Mg)
Uses of Zenoxa 150 MG
Zenoxa Tablet is used in the treatment of various types of seizures with epilepsy (activity of the brain is disturbed).
Contraindications of Zenoxa 150 MG
If you are allergic to oxcarbazepine or any of the ingredients present in the Zenoxa Tablet.
Side effects of Zenoxa 150 MG
- Disturbed vision
Precautions and Warnings of Zenoxa 150 MG
Can I take the Zenoxa Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of the Zenoxa Tablet on pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately. Do not stop taking your medicine until your doctor tells you to. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Can I take the Zenoxa Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended to use in breastfeeding women as it was shown to pass into the breastmilk and the effect on the newborn baby is unknown. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zenoxa Tablet?
This medicine may make you feel dizzy and experience blurred vision, visual disturbances. It may also decrease the consciousness of this medicine. It is recommended to avoid activities like driving and operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zenoxa Tablet?
Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine as you will feel sleepy and dizzy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You observe any allergic reactions like rashes, itching, redness of the skin, etc after taking this medicine.
- You have a known history of Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a condition where the skin develops rashes, itching peeling of the skin, etc).
- You have liver problems or kidney problems.
- You are taking medicines like water pills and NSAID's (indomethacin and ibuprofen)
- You have heart problems.
- You have a known history of heart rhythm disorder.
- You are taking contraceptives.
- You have hypothyroidism (low levels of thyroid hormone) if you are unsure consult your doctor.
- You experience increased frequencies of episodes of seizure.
- You notice any behavioural change.
- You are lactose intolerant.
Mode of Action of Zenoxa 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Oxcarbazepine works by inhibiting or decreasing the hyperactivity or excitation of the nerve impulse (signal) in the brain responsible for the seizures.
Directions for Use of Zenoxa 150 MG
Zenoxa Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Zenoxa 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Zenoxa Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you or your child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking other anticonvulsant medicines, oral contraceptives, medicine to treat the brain-related disorder, diuretics, NSAIDs, antibiotics, immunosuppressants, etc.
Storage and disposal of Zenoxa 150 MG
- Store it in a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zenoxa 150 MG
An overdose of this medicine may lead to adverse effects such as blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, etc should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of this medicine and take the missed dose as soon as possible. Never take two doses to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does the Zenoxa Tablet work?
A: This medicine works by reducing the impulses from the nerves that cause seizures.
Q: Can I stop taking the Zenoxa Tablet, if i start feeling better?
A: It is recommended to take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking it without consulting your doctor. Sudden stopping of this medicine may result in withdrawal effects and worsen your condition.
- Oxcarbazepine Mylan 300 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- Oxcarbazepine Mylan 300 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- OLEPTAL DT 150 TAB [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 August 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed