Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
4 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine which is a combination of Gliclazide and Metformin.
Uses of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
For the treatment of type 2 diabetes
Contraindications of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Metformin, Gliclazide or any component of this medicine
- If you have kidney and liver failure problems
- If you have vitamin B and iron deficiency
- If you are suffering from a condition called metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis and diabetic pre-coma
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, you are malnourished and taking injections containing iodine
- If you have a blood circulation disorder with spasm and narrow blood vessels
- If you have had heart or lung failure, the recent incidence of heart attack, shock and lung and airway disease
- If you are diabetic with complications of brain and eyes or coma
- If you have insulin-dependent diabetes or type 1 diabetes
- Should not be given to children under 10 years, pregnant women and people who are alcoholic
- Any other condition in which use of gliclazide or metformin when taken alone is contraindicated
Side effects of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
- Low blood sugar: headache, dizziness, blurring of vision, irritability, sweating, anxiety or hunger pangs
- Stomach upset, diarrhoea, indigestion, nausea or constipation
- Skin rashes, itching, blisters, peeling and visual disturbance
- Airway infection, breathlessness and muscle pain
- Excessive sweating, chest pain, racing or pounding heart
- Increased liver enzymes or jaundice
Precautions and Warnings of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
Can I take Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to use this medicine during pregnancy as this medicine may harm your unborn baby. If you have diabetes and happen to be pregnant, your doctor may shift you from this medicine to insulin injections. Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
Can I take Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine as it may harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet?
- It can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.Read less
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
Can I consume alcohol with Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine as alcohol can alters the way this medicine works. Specially you should avoid consuming alcohol in an empty stomach as alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar. Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause a serious complication known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Monitor your blood glucose, note it and inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's doseRead less
- If you experience nausea, vomiting and muscle weakness after taking this medicine (due to lactic acid build-up)
- If you have serious kidney and liver function problems
- If you are going to have any diagnostic imaging test which involves an injection of iodine like CT or MRI, as your doctor may ask you to stop this medicine a few days before this test
- If you have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake
- If you have suffered through trauma or you have to undergo surgery shortly
- If you have a thyroid disorder or you are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested)
Mode of Action of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- This combination is known to control blood sugar to a greater extent than Metformin or Gliclazide alone.
- Gliclazide lowers the blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin hormone from the pancreas. Insulin is a hormone secreated by pancreas which plays critical role in maintaining sugar levels in body.Read less
- Metformin decreases the absorption in intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body and allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing overall blood glucose.
Directions for Use of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by your doctor
- Take this medicine with meals preferably at the same time every day
Interactions of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- As this medicine contains Gliclazide & Metformin, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking pain-relieving medicines like aspirin, diclofenac, phenylbutazone, cholesterol-lowering agents like clofibrate, medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin, medicines for reducing stomach acids like cimetidine, antifungals like ketoconazole and antidepressants like hydrazine or phenelzine.Read less
- You may have symptoms of high blood sugar if you are taking water pill like hydrochlorothiazide, oral contraceptives, acetazolamide, medicines to treat seizures like phenytoin, blood pressure medicines like amlodipine, medicines for thyroid disorders and other medicines like rifampin or diazoxide.Read less
- Never take this medicine with miconazole and danzole and be cautious if you are taking furosemide.
- Concomitant use of other medicines like nifedipine, digoxin, amiloride, procainamide, quinidine, quinine, ranitidine, triamterene, trimethoprim and vancomycin should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Zeformin Xr 60mg Tablet
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to a severe drop in blood glucose and lactic acidosis (Excessive lactic acid build-up). It can result in headache, nausea, vomiting, sleep disturbances, restlessness, impaired alertness and reactions, depression, confusion, dizziness etc.Read less
- If you experience these immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy). Measure your blood glucose, if it is less than 70 mg/dL inform your doctor or visit the nearest hospital as you will require close monitoring for the next few hoursRead less
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels which include symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, the fruity smell from breath etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one as taking double dose can be harmful and cause a drastic fall in blood glucose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
A: A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads. Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food. Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter. Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Avoid overeating, and try portion control
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee and deep-fried pulses
- Avoid creams, soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables and vegetable curries with excess oil
- Avoid Seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream or any fruit-based desserts
Q: My blood sugars fall too often, what could be the reason?
- Avoid skipping meals, fasting, too much alcohol intake, taking alcohol on an empty stomach or taking a double dose
- If you are taking any medicines mentioned in the drug interaction section, you need to inform your doctor
- Always keep a juice or sugar candy with you, in case you experience symptoms of hypoglycemia like headache, irritability, drowsiness, reduced alertness or nausea, immediately have the juice or glucoseRead less
- Do not have artificial sweeteners in this situation. If such episodes happen too often, inform your doctor as you may need a decrease in the dose of this medicine
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 05:43 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved