Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Zaptra 25 mg tablets are a prescription medication used to treat clinical depression and mood disorders. It is composed of two active ingredients: paroxetine 25 mg and clonazepam 0.25 gm. Paroxetine
increases the amount of serotonin, a chemical substance that improves mood. Clonazepam works by increasing GABA, a chemical messenger responsible for reducing the abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain. Depression is a common mood disorder that affects a person's daily life by causing a feeling of sadness, loss of interest, anger, loneliness, etc. The symptoms and intensity of depression vary from person to person. This medicine helps in reducing the symptoms and providing calming effects on the mood. Some of the other uses of this medicine involve treating conditions like panic disorders. Do not stop using Zaptra medicine, without consulting your doctor. This medicine should be used exactly in the prescribed dose and duration. This medicine may cause physical dependence if used for long duration or in people who have a history of addiction. Inform you complete medical history and current treatments to your doctor, as this medicine can not be used in certain conditions.
|You Save||₹32.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Paroxetine(25.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Constipation, reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms.|
Uses of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Treatment of depression.
- Treatment of panic disorder.
- Treatment of anxiety disorder.
Contraindications of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Side effects of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Memory impairment
- Uncoordinated body movements
Precautions and Warnings of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have to use any medications like painkillers that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You have any trouble breathing, use this medicine with caution.
- You have liver and kidney-related issues. You may need dose adjustments.
- You have a seizure disorder and are on anti-epileptic medicines.
- You have to use herbal medicines or supplements.
- You are experiencing these side effects persistently.
- Note: The effects of this medicine are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution. Generally, side effects do not need any medical treatment if taken as prescribed.
Mode of Action of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take the Zaptra 25 mg tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time every day.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- You can take it with or without consuming food.
- Take the tablet (whole) with a glass of water.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects
Interactions of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications like linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc. It can cause some serious reactions.
- Opiates or narcotic painkillers with Zaptra tablets; can increase the side effects.
- Anti-epileptic medicines for seizure disorders, inform your doctor as it can increase the effects of this medication.
- Anti-depression medication, do not use this medicine without informing your doctor, as they can have severe reactions.
Interactions with food items
- Do not take zaptra 25 mg tablets with alcohol. It can interfere with the effects of the medicine and increase the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, mood disorders, etc.
Storage and disposal of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Zaptra 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Zaptra tablet overdose can cause dizziness, tremors, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, and electrolyte imbalance. If you overdose on this tablet and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I gain weight while using the Zaptra 25 mg tablet?
Q: Can I use the Zaptra tablet as a sleeping pill?
- No, do not use the zaptra tablet as a sleeping pill. It can have effects that cause drowsiness. But it is not an approved medication for sleep disorders. Consult your doctor for appropriate medication if you have any sleep abnormalities....