Zanocin 50mg Oral Solution 60ml
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
60ml Oral Solution in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This medication is a part of a class of drugs called fluoroquinolones, which is used to treat infections caused by bacteria.
|You Save||₹11.52 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Zanocin 50 MG
Zanocin 50mg Syp uses include treatment of infections that are caused by bacteria, such as infectious diarrhoea, cellulitis, prostatitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, chronic bronchitis, gonorrhoea, anthrax, chlamydia and plague. The doctor may also prescribe Zanocin 50mg Syp for the treatment of bacterial infections of the eyes, skin, ears, sinus, urinary tract, pelvis, bladder, cervix, urethra and the respiratory system....
Contraindications of Zanocin 50 MG
- Do not take Zanocin 50mg Syp if you have any of the following:
- If you are allergic to Zanocin 50mg Syp or other medicines similar to it like ciprofloxacin or norfloxacin. Allergic reactions include rash, difficulty in breathing, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue...
- If you have epilepsy or fits
- If you have problems related to tendon-like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency
Side effects of Zanocin 50 MG
- Zanocin 50mg Syp side effects include the following:
- Allergic reactions like fever, chills, rash, hives, breathing difficulty, swelling over your face, lips, and throat - see your doctor immediately
- Serious permanent tendon and nerve damage which may manifest as pain, numbness, tingling, weakness, burning, altered sensations, tremors, snapping or popping sound in your joints
- Signs of increased pressure in the skull - vision changes, pain behind your eyes, ringing in your ears, headache.
- Liver problem - Diarrhoea, nausea, upper abdominal pain, yellow discolouration of eyes, nails, skin, dark urine and clay coloured stool
- Fainting, slow or fast breathing, fast heart beats, headache and chest pain
- Mucus or bloody diarrhoea with stomach cramps or pain. (do not take any anti-diarrhoeal drug to stop this. Inform your doctor immediately)
- Sore skin, easy bruising, bleeding, sunburn, purple rash on the skin causing ulceration and bleeding
- Altered mood, behavioural changes, depression, hallucination, paranoia, tremors, insomnia and nightmares.
Precautions and Warnings of Zanocin 50 MG
Can I take Zanocin 50mg Syp during pregnancy?
Do not take Zanocin 50mg Syp if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby. If you conceive while taking Zanocin 50mg Syp, stop taking it immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Zanocin 50mg Syp while breastfeeding?
Zanocin 50mg Syp can pass into breast milk and harm the child. Hence, do not breastfeed while you are on this drug.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zanocin 50mg Syp?
You may have sleepiness or dizziness when you are taking this drug. In such a case, do not drive or use any tools or machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Zanocin 50mg Syp?
You should not drink alcohol while taking Zanocin 50mg Syp as you may feel dizzy or sleepy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have any of the following, do not take this medicine. Discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine:
- mental illness
- liver or kidney disease
- myasthenia gravis - illness with excessive muscle weakness
- if you are diabetic or suffer from low blood sugar
- heart problems
- Avoid strong sunlight when taking Zanocin 50mg Syp.
Mode of Action of Zanocin 50 MG
Zanocin 50mg Syp inhibits the production of certain enzymes in the DNA of bacteria, which are necessary for the growth and survival of this bacterial infection. Therefore, by killing the bacteria and inhibiting the process of bacterial cell division this antibiotic fights against bacterial infections....
Directions for Use of Zanocin 50 MG
This medicine is to be taken in the dose and duration as the doctor has advised. The label is to be checked for directions before use. A measuring cup is used to measure and take it by mouth. Before using shake it well. This syrup may be taken without or with food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time....
Interactions of Zanocin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking the following medicines inform your doctor: Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, gemifloxacin, norfloxacin, moxifloxacin (more chances of side effects)
- Heart rhythm drugs - amiodarone, quinidine, sotalol, etc.
- Blood thinners - warfarin, jantoven, Coumadin
- NSAIDs - diclofenac, indomethacin, aspirin, naproxen, etc.
- Drugs used to treat depression and psychological conditions
- Products that contain calcium, aluminium, zinc and magnesium.
Interactions with food items
This drug has interactions with dairy products. Take the drug two hours prior or after consuming any dairy product.
Storage and disposal of Zanocin 50 MG
Store in a cool and dry place that is away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Zanocin 50 MG
Call your doctor immediately if you overdose. Overdose may cause extreme dizziness, confusion or fits.
As soon as you remember take the drug. If the missed dose falls at the time of your next scheduled dose, then skip it. Do not take an extra dose more than prescribed to make up for it. Avoid skipping doses as this may increase your risk of developing infection that may be resistant to antibiotics. Complete the Zanocin 50mg Syp dosage for as many days as prescribed by your physician....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Before taking Zanocin 50mg Syp what should I discuss with my healthcare provider?
A: You must inform your doctor: If you are suffering from any kidney, heart or liver diseases If you have myasthenia gravis If you suffer from diabetes If you have any joint, muscle or tendon problems If you have any nerve disorder (peripheral neuropathy) If you are taking any blood thinners (warfarin or coumarin) If you have history of convulsions If there is a family history or personal history of long QT syndrome Heart rhythm disorders or slow heartbeats Low level of potassium in the blood If you have an allergy to Zanocin 50mg Syp Zanocin 50mg Syp can interact with other drugs; hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, especially supplements or herbs. Also, inform your physician if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What should I know regarding the storage of the medication?
A: Store the drug at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture.
Q: What should I remember while taking Zanocin 50mg Syp?
A: Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhoea if you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea while taking Zanocin 50mg Syp. Stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately. Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use a sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn. Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, or swelling after exposure to the sun. Avoid activities like driving, using heavy machineries while you are taking this drug as it can make you feel dizzy. Avoid taking the following drugs two hours before or after Zanocin 50mg Syp: didanosine, supplements and antacids that contain calcium, aluminium, iron, zinc, magnesium, milk of magnesia, ulcer medicine sucralfate, etc. Avoid live vaccines (like typhoid vaccine) as their effectiveness may be hampered.
Q: When and how should I consume the medicine?
A: You must take the drug exactly the way it is prescribed by the doctor. Follow the instructions of your doctor and those mentioned on the prescription label. Do not alter the dose unless recommended by your doctor. Do not take it longer or shorter than advised. Using the drug when not required or if stopped unless advised can make the infection resistant to the antibiotic. Take the medicine with or without food as advised by your physician Maintain the time interval between two doses Drink plenty of fluids while you are taking this drug unless advised otherwise by your doctor For better efficacy take the drug two hours before or after dairy products and those drugs or supplements that make it less effective.
Q: Can I take Zanocin 50mg Syp with paracetamol?
A: Zanocin 50mg Syp can be taken with paracetamol. There are no reports of drug-drug interactions between the two. However, interactions can occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.