Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules Description
Xet CR Plus is a prescription medication. It is used in the management of depression and anxiety. It consists of two active ingredients in a fixed-dose, Paroxetine (12.5mg) and Clonazepam (0.25mg).
Depression is a mood disorder, where patients have pervasive low mood, with other complaints like decreased motivation, feelings of hopelessness and dread, loss of interest in daily activities, sleep issues, increased or decreased appetite etc. Feelings of anxiety can manifest with increased heart rate, sweating, restlessness, trembling, increased rate of breathing etc. Generalised anxiety disorder is characterised by excessive anxiety and worry over routine events and stimuli occurring most days over at least six months. Panic attacks are sudden, unexplainable feelings of intense terror that can last from seconds to minutes. Obsessive-Compulsive disorder is a psychiatric condition characterised by unrequited fears and thoughts resulting in repetitive behaviour (known as compulsions). Paroxetine is an anti-depressant belonging to the SSRI (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor) class, whereas Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine that acts as an anxiolytic. Xet CR Plus has side effects including nervousness, restlessness, dry mouth, constipation, weight loss/ gain, nausea, vomiting, sweating, headache, sleepiness, sedation, tremors, agitation, dizziness, loss of libido, abnormal ejaculation, loss of orgasm. It is important to note that Clonazepam has habit-forming potential. It also has the potential to be misused. Careful monitoring while on this medication is required and necessary. Take his medication as recommended by your doctor. This medication should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause withdrawal effects. Taking the tablet on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time, every day, is advisable for maximum efficacy.
|You Save||₹24.94 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Paroxetine(12.5 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of depression, Obsessive-compulsive disorder, Panic disorders, Pre-menstrual mood disorders, PTSD, Anxiety disorders|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Diarrhoea, Nausea, Drowsiness, Confusion, Increased sweating, Delayed ejaculation, Erectile dysfunction, Low sexual desire, Nervousness, Restlessness, Headache|
Uses of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
- Xet CR Plus is used in the management of the following:
- Major depressive disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder
Contraindications of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
- Xet CR Plus is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are a patient with known Paroxetine, Clonazepam or benzodiazepine hypersensitivity, or known allergies to any components in this medication
- If you are a patient with abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- If you are a patient with acute narrow-angle glaucoma (a condition where the intraocular pressure is increased)
- If you are a patient with lung disorders such as respiratory insufficiency and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (conditions that result in difficulty breathing while asleep)
- If you are a patient with a history of mania or bipolar disorder, or a family history of the same. This is because this medication can precipitate a manic episode
- If you are a child or young adult, it can increase suicidal ideation
- If you are a patient with a history of substance abuse/misuse
- If you are a patient with liver dysfunction and kidney disease
- If you are an elderly person. This medication causes a decrease in blood sodium levels (hyponatremia) and must be used with caution. Hyponatremia in elderly patients can cause significant health risks
- If you are an epileptic patient as it can precipitate convulsions, and hence must be used very cautiously
Side effects of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
- Xet CR Plus has the following side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Weight loss/ gain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Sleepiness, sedation
- Loss of libido
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Loss of orgasm
Precautions and Warnings of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You should talk to your doctor if you have a history of addiction or substance misuse.
- You should inform your doctor in case you are taking any other medications. The ingredients of this tablet may react with several other tablets that use the same pathway of metabolism in the body.
- You should inform your doctor if there is a history of bipolar disorder or mania in the family.
Mode of Action of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
- Take this medication as prescribed by your treating doctor.
- Take this medication on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day, for best results.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- Complete the full course of prescription as recommended by your doctor.
- Do not increase the dose without explicit advice from your treating physician, as this medication may require 3-4 weeks for onset of action.
- Do not abruptly stop this medicine as it can cause withdrawal side effects. Consult your doctor before stopping this medication.
- Follow your doctor's directions closely, and review with them frequently. This medication has habit forming tendencies.
Interactions of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- The concomitant use of this medication with alcohol, opioids, or any other CNS depressant can cause worsening side effects such as sedation, respiratory depression and coma, and can be dangerous.
- The combined use of this medication with other medicines that cause the arrest of bleeding, such as aspirin, NSAIDs, heparin, warfarin, and other anticoagulants, is not recommended, as it can result in bleeding manifestations like bruising, nose bleeds, or internal bleeding....
- It is contraindicated to use this medication concomitantly or within two weeks of using Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like Selegiline, Rasagiline, etc. It may cause serotonin syndrome, which is a potentially life-threatening side-effect....
- This medication causes abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) and should not be used with other medicines with the same property.
- It should not be used with certain medications that affect the activities of the enzymes involved in metabolising the components of this medicine, as it can cause increased side effects. For example, phenytoin and rifampicin....
- Tamoxifen, a drug used in treating breast cancer, can have its effects reduced when used concomitantly with this medication.
- This medicine should not be given in combination with Pravastatin, which manages high cholesterol levels. Their concomitant use can increase blood sugar levels and poor glycaemic control in diabetics.
- Inform your doctor regarding your current medications at the time of prescription of Xet CR Plus.
Interactions with food items
- This medication does not interact with food items.
Storage and disposal of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
Dosage of Xet Cr Plus 12.5mg Capsules
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I feel drowsy while I am on Xet CR Plus. Can I stop taking it?
Q: I have been using this medicine for a few days but feel no change. What should I do?
Q: I use this medicine regularly, but I still feel depressed and anxious. Can I increase the frequency of this medication?
- Shrestha P, Fariba KA, Abdijadid S. Paroxetine. [Updated 2021 Dec 9]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. [cited 21 March 2022].
- Basit H, Kahwaji CI. Clonazepam. [Updated 2021 Dec 29]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. [cited 21 March 2022].
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022. [cited 21 March 2022].
- [Internet]. Medicines.org,uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- [Internet]. Medicines.org,uk. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- Dunlop, B. W., & Davis, P. G. (2008). Combination treatment with benzodiazepines and SSRIs for comorbid anxiety and depression: a review. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 10(3), 222–228. [cited 21 March 2022].
- Evaluation of Clonazepam and Paroxetine for Panic Disorder With Depression - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].
- [Internet].CDSCO. 2022 [cited 21 March 2022].