Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Warcilin Dt Tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections like infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin as
an active ingredient. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Warcilin Dt Tablet or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective treatment. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
|You Save||₹8.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, rashes|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxicillin
Uses of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Warcilin Dt Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
- It used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
Contraindications of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or other components of this Warcilin Dt Tablet.
- Having a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor.
Side effects of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Warcilin Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of the Warcilin Dt Tablet during pregnancy. You can use the medicine in pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take the Warcilin Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
Warcilin Dt Tablet passes into breast milk. Hence, you should be cautious and breastfeeding should be discontinued if side effects such as thrush, fungal infection of the mouth are observed in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Warcilin Dt Tablet?
There is limited information available on the effect of the medicine on the driving ability of an individual. You may experience dizziness that may influence the ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, avoid driving or operating machine when on treatment with Warcilin Dt Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with the Warcilin Dt Tablet?
No known interactions with alcohol. Discuss with the doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease then dose adjustments are required.
- People with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Warcilin Dt Tablet blocks the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Warcilin Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- Avoid overdose of the medicine.
Interactions of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Warcilin Dt Tablet works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Warcilin Dt 250mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
The symptoms of an overdose of Warcilin Dt Tablet includes nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting. In case of an overdose, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you miss a dose of Warcilin Dt Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the medicine schedule....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Warcilin Dt Tablet safe to use in pregnancy?
A: Warcilin Dt Tablet can be taken by a pregnant woman if prescribed by a doctor. Avoid self-medicating, especially during pregnancy since there is limited safety information available about the use of the medicine during pregnancy. Consult the doctor before taking medicine.
Q: What is Warcilin Dt Tablet prescribed for?
A: Warcilin Dt Tablet is an antibiotic used for treating infections of the lungs, throat, airways, ears, tonsils, urinary tract, certain reproductive tract infection (gonorrhoea) and to reduce the risk of recurrence of an ulcer due to a bacteria, H. pylori.
- Novamox Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed