Vomiz 8mg Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vomiz Tablet is used to control nausea and vomiting. It contains ondansetron, and it belongs to a class of antiemetic medicines. It works by blocking the action of the natural hormone Serotonin, which causes nausea and vomiting. Vomiz Tablet should not be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. It should be consumed in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Uses of Vomiz 8mg Tab
Vomiz Tablet is used to prevent and manage nausea and vomiting induced due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It is also used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries and operations.
Contraindications of Vomiz 8mg Tab
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Vomiz Tablet.
- If you are consuming a medicine called Apomorphine, which is used to treat the loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Vomiz 8mg Tab
- Low blood pressure
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Vomiz 8mg Tab
Can I take Vomiz Tablet during pregnancy?
Vomiz Tablet must not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy as it can induce the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, then you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine. Women of childbearing age should use birth control measures while taking this medicine to avoid pregnancy.
Can I take Vomiz Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine gets absorbed into the human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Consult the doctor before taking this medicine during lactation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vomiz Tablet?
Vomiz Tablet does not affect your driving ability. In case you experience visual disturbances and drowsiness after taking this medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Vomiz Tablet?
There is limited information about the interaction of Vomiz Tablet with alcohol, but avoid consuming alcohol, as it can induce vomiting and nausea. It can also escalate the chances of getting side effects like drowsiness and dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver problems.
- You are experiencing a condition of salt imbalance in your blood, dehydration or you are going through fluid loss.
- You are allergic to medicines that are similar like Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- You are experiencing severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
Mode of Action of Vomiz 8mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Vomiz Tablet works by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance named Serotonin, which is responsible for inducing nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron binds to a receptor known as 5-HT₃, thus inhibits the binding of Serotonin to it and prevents vomiting and nausea.
Directions for Use of Vomiz 8mg Tab
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine and for a longer duration.
Interactions of Vomiz 8mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vomiz Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Be careful if you are taking medicine like Amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or Arrhythmias.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole.read less
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Vomiz Tablet along with Apomorphine. Hence, these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain such as Tramadol may not work when taken along with Vomiz Tablet.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea), including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness such as Citalopram or Sertraline.read less
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine and Rifampicin may affect the action of Vomiz Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Vomiz 8mg Tab
- Store Vomiz Tablet in the original packaging.
- Keep the medicine out of reach from children and pets.
- Do not flush unused or expired medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Vomiz 8mg Tab
Symptoms of overdose of Vomiz Tablet are visual disturbances, constipation, low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythm. If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Vomiz Tablet, then take it as soon as possible. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Avoid taking a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Vomiz Tablet be given during pregnancy?
- No, it should not be given to a pregnant woman, especially in the first three months of pregnancy.
Q: Is Vomiz Tablet useful for motion sickness?
A: No, it should not be used for motion sickness.
Q: What is Vomiz Tablet used for?
A: Vomiz Tablet is used to manage nausea and vomiting during cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It helps in preventing post and pre-operation/surgery emesis.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Vomiz Tablet?
- Inform your doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or stomach disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Vomiz Tablet sedative?
A: No, Vomiz Tablet is not known to cause any sedative effect.
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 06:05 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved