Vomipreg Tablet Description
Vomipreg Tablet is used to prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. It is a combination medicine containing doxylamine and pyridoxine as active ingredient. Doxylamine is an antihistaminic and it
blocks the natural substances in the body responsible for nausea and vomiting. Pyridoxine is a vitamin that also contributes to control nausea and vomiting and are needed during pregnancy. Vomipreg Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹6.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(10.0 Mg) + Doxylamine(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Prevent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy|
|Side effects||Excessive sleepiness, drowsiness, rashes, itching|
Uses of Vomipreg Tablet
Contraindications of Vomipreg Tablet
- If you are allergic to pyridoxine, doxylamine or any other ingredients of Vomipreg Tablet.
- If you are consuming medicines such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) to treat depression.
- If you have any liver diseases.
- If you are an alcoholic.
- If you are under 18 years of age.
Side effects of Vomipreg Tablet
- Blurred vision
- Abdominal pain
- Urinary retention
Precautions and Warnings of Vomipreg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have asthma or glaucoma, this Tablet should be avoided.
- You have a peptic ulcer or any obstruction in the intestine or urinary bladder.
- Avoid driving and handling any machinery as after taking this medicine you may feel excessively sleepy or drowsy.
Mode of Action of Vomipreg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Doxylamine is an antihistaminic. It blocks the natural substances in the body and responsible for nausea and vomiting.
- Pyridoxine, also is known as vitamin B6, is a crucial component for various reactions and acts as a coenzyme in the body. Sometimes deficiency of pyridoxine may cause nausea and vomiting during pregnancy....
Directions for Use of Vomipreg Tablet
- Take Vomipreg Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, without eating a meal, preferably on an empty stomach.
- You should take this medicine regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue this Tablet without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Vomipreg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Vomipreg Tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Medicines used to treat depression such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), central nervous system depressants such as barbiturates and opioid pain killers can worsen the side effects of Vomipreg Tablet....
- Avoid taking Vomipreg if you are taking sleeping pills.
- Pyridoxine present in Vomipreg can reduce the effects of Levodopa, Phenobarb and Phenytoin.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Vomipreg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep Vomipreg Tablet away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Vomipreg Tablet
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of Vomipreg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Vomipreg Tablet without consulting your doctor.