Voglidase 0.3mg Tablet
By EAST WEST PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Voglidase 0.3 MG Description
Voglidase Tablet is an antidiabetic medicine. It is used to improve blood glucose levels following a meal (postprandial blood glucose) in patients with type II diabetes along with diet and lifestyle
modifications. It contains voglibose as its active ingredient. It works by reducing the rate of digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose of this medicine. Before using Voglidase Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Uses||Type 2 Diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Voglibose(0.3 Mg)
20 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Voglidase 0.3mg Tablet
- Zarbose 0.3mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 135.15₹ 13.52/Tablet
- Vogliboz 0.3mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.5018.95% CHEAPER₹ 9.35/Tablet
- Voglidib 0.3mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 127.05₹ 107.99₹ 10.80/Tablet
- Voglimit 0.3mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Vaks Pharma Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.00₹ 99.4530.21% CHEAPER₹ 6.63/Tablet
- Agivog 0.3mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Jubilant Generics Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 172.43₹ 146.57₹ 9.77/Tablet
- Ppg 0.3mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 330.18₹ 280.651.58% CHEAPER₹ 9.36/Tablet
- Vozuca 0.3mg Activ Tablet 60'sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd60 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 380.50₹ 380.5033.26% CHEAPER₹ 6.34/Tablet
- Vobit 0.3mg Tablets 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 260.00₹ 221.00₹ 14.73/Tablet
- Advog 0.3mg TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 131.89₹ 112.11₹ 11.21/Tablet
- Volicure 0.3mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Hbc Lifesciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 176.40₹ 176.40₹ 11.76/Tablet
Uses of Voglidase 0.3 MG
To improve post-meal blood glucose levels (postprandial hyperglycemia) in type 2 diabetic patients with diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Voglidase 0.3 MG
- If you are allergic to voglibose or any of the ingredients of Voglidase Tablet.
- If you have a blockage in any part of your digestive system.
- If you have diabetes complications (diabetic ketoacidosis, diabetic coma or pre-coma).
- If you have a severe infection or are undergoing surgery.
- If you recently had severe trauma or injury.
Side effects of Voglidase 0.3 MG
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Voglidase 0.3 MG
Can I take Voglidase Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Voglidase Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
Can I take Voglidase Tablet while breastfeeding?
Voglibose passes into breast milk in small amounts. Breastfeeding should be discontinued if this medicine is prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Voglidase Tablet?
- No information is available about the effects of Voglidase Tablet on driving. However, one should always be careful of symptoms of low blood sugar while driving. In case you experience dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice....
- Do not consume sugar-free items when you experience such episodes, keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Voglidase Tablet?
Be careful if you consume alcohol in excess or frequently. Alcohol consumption can lead to low blood glucose. Consult your doctor for more information and your drinking habits and accordingly, he may suggest what will work for you.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking other diabetes medicines like insulin, glimepiride, etc.
- You experience headaches, sweating, tremors, hunger pangs, confusion etc. These are the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), appropriate management is necessary as suggested by your doctor....
- You have severe kidney or liver problems.
- You have been stressed, going through a distressing event, injury, infection as it can lead to loss of blood sugar control.
Mode of Action of Voglidase 0.3 MG
How Does It Work?
Voglibose in Voglidase Tablet works by delaying digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine and thereby prevents a spike in blood glucose levels that occur after a meal.
Directions for Use of Voglidase 0.3 MG
- Voglidase Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, just before each meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not miss any dose or consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Voglidase 0.3 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Voglidase Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking other antidiabetic medicines or blood thinners like warfarin. You may experience a drop in blood glucose when used in combination with other antidiabetic medicines such as insulin....
- Certain medicines are known to enhance or diminish the action of diabetes medicine, caution should be taken as this might delay the action of voglibose.
Storage and disposal of Voglidase 0.3 MG
- Store Voglidase Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets, discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Voglidase 0.3 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include stomach discomfort, diarrhoea or an increase in flatulence (gas). Seek immediate medical advice in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Voglidase Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the symptoms of diabetes?
A: You will start feeling the symptoms of diabetes like increased urine frequency, increased hunger, increased thirst. To know the exact status, your doctor may ask you to do blood tests like fasting blood glucose, post-meal blood glucose and HbA1C.
Q: I have diabetes for 5 years. What care should I take to avoid foot ulcers?
- Wear footwear even at home. Keep a pair of comfortable footwear for home.
- Every day while having a bath, thoroughly clean the space between your toes. After a bath, dry each of these spaces between the toes with a clean, dry towel.
- With the help of a mirror, examine the lower part of your foot. Check if there is any redness, peeling of skin, ulcer or unusual appearance.
- Wear comfortable shoes which support the entire foot when going out, avoid the use of slippers or footwear that are uncomfortable.
- Regularly cut your toenails, cut them straight to avoid ingrown toenails.
Q: Should I take Voglidase Tablet after a meal?
A: No, Voglidase Tablet must be taken just before a meal and not after the meal.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed