Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
By CORONA REMEDIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Voglibite Tablet is an antidiabetic medicine. It is used to improve blood glucose levels following a meal (postprandial blood glucose) in patients with type II diabetes along with diet and lifestyle m
odifications. It contains voglibose as its active ingredient. It works by reducing the rate of digestion and absorption of carbohydrates. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose of this medicine. Before using Voglibite Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
To improve post-meal blood glucose levels (postprandial hyperglycemia) in type 2 diabetic patients with diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to voglibose or any of the ingredients of Voglibite Tablet.
- If you have a blockage in any part of your digestive system.
- If you have diabetes complications (diabetic ketoacidosis, diabetic coma or pre-coma).
- If you have a severe infection or are undergoing surgery.
- If you recently had severe trauma or injury.
Side effects of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
Can I take Voglibite Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Voglibite Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
Can I take Voglibite Tablet while breastfeeding?
Voglibose passes into breast milk in small amounts. Breastfeeding should be discontinued if this medicine is prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Voglibite Tablet?
- No information is available about the effects of Voglibite Tablet on driving. However, one should always be careful of symptoms of low blood sugar while driving. In case you experience dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice....Read more
- Do not consume sugar-free items when you experience such episodes, keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Voglibite Tablet?
Be careful if you consume alcohol in excess or frequently. Alcohol consumption can lead to low blood glucose. Consult your doctor for more information and your drinking habits and accordingly, he may suggest what will work for you.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking other diabetes medicines like insulin, glimepiride, etc.
- You experience headaches, sweating, tremors, hunger pangs, confusion etc. These are the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), appropriate management is necessary as suggested by your doctor....Read more
- You have severe kidney or liver problems.
- You have been stressed, going through a distressing event, injury, infection as it can lead to loss of blood sugar control.
Mode of Action of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Voglibose in Voglibite Tablet works by delaying digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine and thereby prevents a spike in blood glucose levels that occur after a meal.
Directions for Use of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
- Voglibite Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, just before each meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not miss any dose or consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Voglibite Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Especially if you are taking other antidiabetic medicines or blood thinners like warfarin. You may experience a drop in blood glucose when used in combination with other antidiabetic medicines such asinsulin....Read more
- Certain medicines are known to enhance or diminish the action of diabetes medicine, caution should be taken as this might delay the action of voglibose.
Storage and disposal of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
- Store Voglibite Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets, discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Voglibite 0.2mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may include stomach discomfort, diarrhoea or an increase in flatulence (gas). Seek immediate medical advice in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Voglibite Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a d
ouble dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the symptoms of diabetes?
A: You will start feeling the symptoms of diabetes like increased urine frequency, increased hunger, increased thirst. To know the exact status, your doctor may ask you to do blood tests like fasting blood glucose, post-meal blood glucose and HbA1C.
Q: I have diabetes for 5 years. What care should I take to avoid foot ulcers?
- Wear footwear even at home. Keep a pair of comfortable footwear for home.
- Every day while having a bath, thoroughly clean the space between your toes. After a bath, dry each of these spaces between the toes with a clean, dry towel.
- With the help of a mirror, examine the lower part of your foot. Check if there is any redness, peeling of skin, ulcer or unusual appearance.
- Wear comfortable shoes which support the entire foot when going out, avoid the use of slippers or footwear that are uncomfortable.
- Regularly cut your toenails, cut them straight to avoid ingrown toenails.
Q: Should I take Voglibite Tablet after a meal?
A: No, Voglibite Tablet must be taken just before a meal and not after the meal.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 04:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved