Vinoxyl 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SHREEYAM HEALTHCARE
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vinoxyl 500 MG Description
Vinoxyl Tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, throat, lungs, soft tissue and urinary tract. It contains cefadroxil as the active component. This medicine should be u
sed for the exact dose and duration that it is prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Do not use this medicine on your own.
|You Save||₹5.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Cephadroxil / Cefadroxil(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Vinoxyl 500 MG
Vinoxyl Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract, throat, lungs, skin and soft tissue.
Contraindications of Vinoxyl 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cefadroxil or any other ingredient of Vinoxyl Tablet.
- If you are allergic to beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillin and cephalosporins. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
Side effects of Vinoxyl 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Vinoxyl 500 MG
Can I take Vinoxyl Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult the doctor before using Vinoxyl Tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effect of this medicine on pregnant women. The doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential.
Can I take Vinoxyl Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Vinoxyl Tablet may pass into human breast milk. This medicine should be used in breastfeeding women only if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Vinoxyl Tablet?
Vinoxyl Tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness. If you experience any such symptoms which may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Vinoxyl Tablet?
There is limited information available regarding the interaction of alcohol with Vinoxyl Tablet. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Vinoxyl Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Vinoxyl Tablet.
- You have or had an allergic reaction to cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You have problems with the kidney or intestines.
- You develop fever and feel weak.
- You develop persistent diarrhoea during treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Vinoxyl 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Vinoxyl Tablet binds to certain proteins called penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) and prevents the formation of the bacterial cell wall. This results in the death of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Vinoxyl 500 MG
- Take Vinoxyl Tablet as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water after food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Vinoxyl 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Vinoxyl Tablet works or Vinoxyl Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking blood thinner medicines, other antibiotics or medicines to treat heart problems and gout.
Storage and disposal of Vinoxyl 500 MG
- Store Vinoxyl Tablet below 30°C in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Vinoxyl 500 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Vinoxyl Tablet may include dizziness, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, skin eruptions, diarrhoea, cramps, altered consciousness and muscle contractions. If you think you have taken too much Vinoxyl Tablet, visit the hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of Vinoxyl Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Vinoxyl Tablet if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Vinoxyl Tablet without completing the full course. You may feel better after taking a few doses. It is essential to finish the course as not all bacteria are killed with a few doses. Stopping the medication makes the infection harder to treat.
Q: What precautions should I take while taking Vinoxyl Tablet?
- Watch for persistent diarrhoea, blood in urine, repeated infections, weakness. Seek medical help if you experience the symptoms.
- The antibiotic is only for severe infections not controlled by other antibiotics, do not take Vinoxyl Tablet on your own.
- The medicine is not meant for viral or fungal infections. It acts against bacteria.
Q: When should I take Vinoxyl Tablet?
A: Take Vinoxyl Tablet after food or along with food as it reduces the chances of side effects associated with the stomach and digestion.
- Androxyl Capsule [Internet]. Npra.gov.my. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Cefadroxil Mylan [Internet]. Docetp.mpa.se. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- CEFADROXIL - Cefadroxil Capsules USP (as cefadroxil monohydrate) 500 mg [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed