Vilano 40mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vilano tablet is commonly used for managing the symptoms of major depressive disorder in adults only. It is a prescription medication. Vilazodone is the active ingredient in Vilano tablets. It is a type of antidepressant medicine. Nausea, confusion, sleepiness, etc. are some of the side effects of Vilano tablets. The mode of action of Vilano tablets is by increasing certain chemical substances in the brain and reducing the excess activity of the nerve cells. Thus, helps in elevating the mood, increasing energy, reducing nervousness, etc. It produces a calming effect and sedation. This medicine is not approved for use in children under the age of 18. The dosage of Vilano tablets should be carefully monitored, especially in older adults and person with liver and kidney conditions. Even though it does not result in physical dependency, this medicine can cause psychological dependency if taken for a long time. Vilano tablets can cause suicidal thoughts in young adults (18 to 25 years old), so they must be carefully monitored. It is important to inform the doctor of the medical history and any medications currently taken by the user....
|You Save||₹62.10 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, Vomiting, Confusion, Weight gain, Loss of appetite, Change in sexual desire, Sexual dysfunction|
Check more medicines with composition as Vilazodone(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Vilano 40 MG
- As per CDSCO, Vilano tablet is used for the following:
- In the treatment of symptoms of major depressive disorder (persistent feeling of sadness, loneliness, and loss of interest in life) in adults
Contraindications of Vilano 40 MG
- If you have any allergic reaction to Vilazodone or any of the components of this medicine
- If you are noticing sudden change in the mood or suicidal thoughts
- If you use other anti-anxiety medicines or sedatives, they can interfere with Vilano tablets and cause adverse reactions
- If you have a known history of alcohol or recreational drug addiction or a mental health disorder
- If you have a seizure disorder
- If you are diagnosed with bipolar disorder and have manic episodes
- If you are diagnosed with angle-closure glaucoma (an eye condition that causes high fluid pressure inside the eye)
- If you have severe liver disease
Side effects of Vilano 40 MG
- Changes in sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of Vilano 40 MG
Can I take Vilano tablets during pregnancy?
No. Vilano tablets are not safe to use during pregnancy. A few studies have shown a definite risk to the foetus, especially if the medicine is used in the third trimester. It may cause pulmonary hypertension (increased blood pressure in the lungs) or withdrawal effects in the newborn. It may be prescribed in an emergency condition but do not take Vilano tablets without consulting a doctor.
Can I take Vilano tablets while breastfeeding?
No. Consult a doctor before taking Vilano tablets if you are a nursing mother. There is minimal data on the effects of Vilano tablets on breastfed babies. It is not known if this medicine may pass into breast milk and have unwanted effects on the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken a Vilano tablet?
No, Vilano tablets can cause adverse effects like drowsiness, diminished reflexes, lightheadedness, and blurred/double vision affecting your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Vilano tablets?
No. It's better if you avoid consuming alcohol with Vilano tablets. Alcohol can interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine and cause unwanted side effects like drowsiness, vomiting, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience changes in your sexual desires after taking Vilano tablets
- You have low sodium levels in the blood
- You use any Ayurvedic and herbal medicines (St John’s Wort) or take vitamins and supplements; these can interact with Vilano tablets and cause serious side effects
- You use pain relievers or other medications that cause sedation or tranquilzer
- You are an older adult over 65. The effects of this medicine are exaggerated in older persons and must be used with caution
- You are planning to have surgery or a dental procedure
- You recently had a heart attack or stroke
- You have high blood pressure
- You have been diagnosed with respiratory or lung disease
- You have kidney disorders. While Vilano Tablet can be safe, consult a doctor as side effects of this medicine increase in end-stage kidney failure
- You are a child or adolescent under 18
Mode of Action of Vilano 40 MG
How Does It Work?
The Vilano tablet contains Vilazodone as its main ingredient. It is a type of antidepressant medication. This ingredient increases serotonin levels in the brain by blocking its reuptake by the nerve cells. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter (chemical messenger) responsible for stabilising the mood and producing happy thoughts. It can also help other functions like sleeping, eating, and digestion. Increased serotonin levels result in excess nerve cell activity in the brain, which can help manage symptoms of depression and regulate mood and anxiety....
Directions for Use of Vilano 40 MG
- Take Vilano tablets precisely prescribed by the doctor (dose and duration)
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of Vilano tablet, even if you cannot notice its effects
- Try to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. Do not break or chew it
- Do not take the tablets with other medications without informing your doctor
- Do not use these tablets if their packaging is damaged
- Do not suddenly stop using Vilano tablets
- Vilano tablets can be taken with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after a meal
Interactions of Vilano 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain anti-anxiety and mood disorder medicines like linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline etc. combined with the Vilano tablet it can cause severe reactions. They inhibit serotonin metabolism and can result in serotonin levels high enough to produce heart and neurotoxic serotonin syndrome...
- Combining other antidepressant medicines similar to vilano tablets like fluoxetine, paroxetine etc. with Vilano Tablet can raise serotonin levels and lead to serotonin toxicity with life-threatening side effects...
- If you have bleeding issues or take blood thinners, use Vilano tablets with caution as this medicine may increase the risk of bleeding
- It is contraindicated to use Vilano tablets along with antibiotics or linezolid or intravenous methylene blue
- Do not take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as allergy, cold and cough medicine, opiates, or narcotic pain relievers with Vilano tablets. These medicines can increase the side effects of Vilano tablets and cause extreme drowsiness...
- Antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders can increase the side effects of Vilano tablets
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice, as this fruit can worsen the side effects of Vilano tablets
- Avoid coffee and caffeine products as well as chocolates and desserts; these foods can increase serotonin levels and cause serotonin toxicity. High levels of serotonin can cause severe side effects
Storage and disposal of Vilano 40 MG
Store Vilano tablets in a dry place at room temperature, away from heat and humidity. Keep these tablets away from the reach of children and pets. Disposal - Carefully dispose of this medication packaging after use or if it has passed its expiration date. Throw away the tablet if its packaging is already open or damaged....
Dosage of Vilano 40 MG
Overdose with Vilano tablets can cause symptoms such as dizziness, shakiness, sudden muscle movements, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, sodium or potassium electrolyte imbalance, sleep disturbances, confusion, hypotension, increased heart rate, diminished reflexes, and loss of consciousness. If you notice any overdose symptoms of Vilano tablets, seek medical treatment immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a single dose of Vilano tablet, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed one and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together as this can lead to many adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Vilano tablets if I used to get treatment for bipolar disorder?
A: Inform your doctor about it first before taking these tablets. Generally, it is not advisable to take Vilano tablets if you are diagnosed and treated for a serious mood disorder like Bipolar disorder, especially if you have manic episodes. But in some rare cases, you doctors may advise Vilano tablets to prevent life threatening symptoms of depression.
Q: Can we give Vilano tablets to a child with depression?
A: Vilano tablets are not recommended for children and adolescents. Their effectiveness and safety is not proven in their age bracket. Right now they are only approved for adults with depression. If your children are showing symptoms of depression, consult a doctor immediately for appropriate treatment.
Q: Will I put on or lose weight if I use Vilano tablets every day?
A: Vilano tablets can cause changes in appetite. This medicine can result in weight gain in some people as it increases serotonin levels that affect weight. But it varies from person to person. Try to eat healthy food and exercise regularly to prevent weight changes.
- VIIBRYD (vilazodone hydrochloride) tablets, for oral use. Initial U.S. Approval: 2011. Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 3] - Available from:
- Vilazodone: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 3]. Available from
- Wang S-M, Han C, Lee S-J, Patkar AA, Masand PS, Pae C-U. Vilazodone for the treatment of depression: An update [Internet]. Chonnam medical journal. Chonnam National University Medical School; 2016 [cited 2022 Mar 3]. Available from:
- Vilazodone [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Mar 3]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Mar 3] - Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.