Verbet 16mg Tablet
By ALBERT DAVID LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Verbet Tablet is used for the treatment of Meniere's syndrome (an ear disorder that may cause vertigo, ringing in the ears, spinning, etc). It contains betahistine as its active ingredient. You should
not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or have a rare tumour called pheochromocytoma. Verbet Tablets are not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years. It should be taken as prescribed and for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Headache, nausea and indigestion are some side effects of this medicine. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine....
Uses of Verbet 16mg Tablet
Verbet Tablet is used to treat Meniere's syndrome (an ear disorder with symptoms like vertigo, ringing in the ears, hearing loss and nausea).
Contraindications of Verbet 16mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Betahistine or any other ingredients of Verbet Tablet.
- If you are suffering from untreated high blood pressure due to a tumour in the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma).
Side effects of Verbet 16mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Verbet 16mg Tablet
Can I take Verbet Tablet during pregnancy?
Verbet Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety during human pregnancy. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Verbet Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into the breastmilk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking Verbet Tablet. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medications while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Verbet Tablet?
Verbet Tablet has no or negligible effects on the ability to drive or use machines. However, the disease for which this medicine is used can hamper your ability to drive and therefore caution is advised.
Can I consume alcohol with Verbet Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Verbet Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma.
- You have stomach ulcers.
- You are suffering from low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from hives (urticaria), rashes or hay fever, Verbet Tablet can worsen them.
Mode of Action of Verbet 16mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Betahistine in Verbet Tablet works by improving the blood flow in the inner ear and reducing the pressure built in the ear.
Directions for Use of Verbet 16mg Tablet
- Verbet Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be taken after having your meal to avoid stomach discomforts.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Verbet 16mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Verbet Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have aplanned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of Verbet Tablet along with medicines used to treat allergies called anti-histamines. This medicine can affect how your allergy medicines work and allergies can worsen.
- Medicines like Selegiline (used to treat your mental health), medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease should be used with caution along with Verbet Tablet.
Interactions with food items
You can take Verbet Tablet with or after food, but taking it with food may reduce the side effects related to the stomach.
Storage and disposal of Verbet 16mg Tablet
- Verbet Tablet does not require any specific storage conditions.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Verbet 16mg Tablet
- Excess of this medicine may lead to lung or heart complications.
- Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, stomach pain, sleepiness, vomiting, fits, indigestion, impaired balance or coordination.
- If you think you have had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not t
ake a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Verbet Tablet used for?
A: Verbet Tablet is used to treat an inner ear disorder called Meniere's syndrome which may cause vertigo, ringing in the ears or spinning.
Q: How to take Verbet Tablet?
A: Take Verbet Tablet as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food, but as it can cause mild stomach discomforts, it is preferred to take this tablet after food.
Q: How long can I take Verbet Tablet?
A: You must continue taking Verbet Tablets for as long as it is prescribed. Consult your doctor if you have any issues while taking it.
Q: Does Verbet Tablet cause drowsiness?
A: No, Verbet Tablet is not known to cause drowsiness. You must contact your doctor if you experience persistent drowsiness as it could be due to some other issue or underlying illness.
Q: Can I stop taking Verbet Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Verbet Tablet until it is advised by a doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you are feeling good as it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is Verbet Tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming has been noticed with Verbet Tablets.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare professional before I start the treatment with this medicine?
A: Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor about your medical history including allergies, stomach ulcers (past or active), asthma and pheochromocytoma.
Q: We are planning to travel to a hilly region, my child gets motion sickness, can I give Verbet Tablet to my child?
A: No, this medicine shouldn't be given to anyone less than 18 years of age. There are other medicines your doctor can prescribe for your child for motion sickness.
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved