Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
By MERCK LIMITED
30 Inhalation Capsule(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule is a combination medicine containing formoterol and budesonide. It is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and COPD like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc. It should be used as prescribed and not discontinued unless advised by your doctor, as a sudden stoppage can cause the disease to worsen. Headache, nausea, vomiting, cough, irritation in the throat and palpitations are a few side effects that you may experience after taking this medicine. Consult your doctor if you observe any white patches in your mouth or experience any discomfort or new symptoms on the consumption of the medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule....
|You Save||₹30.08 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Budesonide(400.0 Mcg),Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Asthma and COPD|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Budesonide(400.0 Mcg) + Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
Uses of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule is used in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) to relieve symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, breathing difficulty, chest tightness.
Contraindications of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
- If you are known to be allergic to any components or excipients of Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach discomfort
- Body pain
- Coughing, sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Respiratory tract infections
- Fungal infection in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
Can I use Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on human pregnancy. You will be prescribed this medicine by your doctor only if it is essential and benefits over-weighs risks.
Can I use Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule while breastfeeding?
As this medicine passes into breast milk, you should consult your doctor before using this while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule?
This medicine may make you dizzy, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule?
It is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this medicine, as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
- Keep taking this medicine as prescribed, even if your symptoms go away. Your doctor will reduce your dose when required.
- Abruptly stopping the medicine can be dangerous and should be strictly avoided.
Mode of Action of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
How Does It Work?
- Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule works by the combined action of Formoterol and Budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine, which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways in a dose-dependent manner, thus reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and causing breathlessness.
- Formoterol relaxes these muscles, facilitating the opening of the airway and thus relieving breathlessness.
Directions for Use of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
- Use this medicine as recommended by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
Interactions of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule along with medicines such as Ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), Ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and Clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Effects of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like Propranolol, Atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with Quinidine, Disopyramide, Procainamide, Phenothiazines, Antihistamines (like Terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like Isocarboxazid, Doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-Dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases), L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with this medicine.
- Medicines like Procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anaesthetist about your asthma medications to avoiding interactions of this medicine with some anaesthetic agents (like Diazepam, Amobarbital)....
- Low potassium levels caused due to this medicine may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking Digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water-pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to lowering of potassium in body and caution is advised if you are taking these along with this medicine....
Storage and disposal of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
Store below 30°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Vent Fb 400mg Easecaps
The symptoms of overdose are headache, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, increased heartbeats, increased blood glucose, low potassium levels, and change in the heart's rhythm. Consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms or think may have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule?
A: This medicine contains two medicines - Formoterol and Budesonide of which, Budesonide is a steroid.
Q: Is it safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited information about the safety of Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule during pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantage over-weighs the risk. You should always consult a doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
Q: How long can I use Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule?
A: You should use a Vent Fb Inhalation Capsule for as long as your doctor recommends. The doctor will decide how often you need to use your inhaler on the basis of an underlying condition. It is usually prescribed for a long duration. It will show its full effect in a few weeks after using this inhaler.
- FORACORT Rotacaps (Formoterol fumarate dihydrate + Budesonide) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]
- Dailymed - BUDESONIDE AND FORMOTEROL FUMARATE DIHYDRATE aerosol [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 May 2022]
- SYMBICORT® (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, for oral inhalation use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 21 May 2022]