Venlift Od 37.5mg Capsule
Venlift Od 37.5 MG Description
Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule comes under the therapeutic classification of antidepressants. The active ingredient in Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule is venlafaxine. It is mainly used to treat major depressi
ve disorder and prevent recurrence depressive episodes. Depression is a mood disorder that affects a person’s everyday life, leading to feelings of sadness, anger, or loss that affect the quality of life. Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule relieves symptoms of depression by producing a calming effect in the brain. Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule should be taken as suggested by the physician. The medicine should not be taken in more than prescribed amounts. The physician should be consulted immediately if the user experiences any side effects or allergies, there is a deterioration of their condition. Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule should be continued for the entire course of treatment. Suddenly stopping this medicine can cause withdrawal effects like depression, sleep disorders, or worsening of the health condition. The doctor may taper the dosage gradually before stopping it completely. It is important to inform the treating doctor of the complete medical history of the affected person and the names of all medications taken; this is to check for Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule interactions. Side effects of Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule include insomnia, headaches, dizziness, sedation, increased sweating, dry mouth, constipation, and nausea.
|You Save||₹7.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Major depressive episode, Prevention of the recurrence of depressive episodes|
|Side effects||Insomnia, Headache, Dizziness, Sedation, Increased sweating, Dry mouth, Constipation, Nausea|
Uses of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
- Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsules are used for the treatment of:
- Major depressive disorder
- Prevention of the recurrence of depressive episodes
Contraindications of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
- Do not take Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule or use caution:
- If you have venlafaxine hypersensitivity or an allergy to other ingredients in Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule.
- If you use monoamine oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) or have used them in the last 14 days.
Side effects of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
- Side effects of Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsules include:
- Increased sweating
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You conceive during the course of Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsules or are planning a pregnancy.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long-term cardiac, liver, or kidney disease.
- You have an addiction to alcohol or medicines.
- You have a history of depression or anxiety.
Mode of Action of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
- Take Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Take the capsule with or without food.
- Swallow Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule with a glass of water.
- Read the label instructions carefully.
- Take the dosage in recommended amounts at a particular time in a day to get maximum benefits and desired clinical effect.
Interactions of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsules can cause adverse reactions when taken with the following medicines:
- Interaction with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like moclobemide and selegiline can cause tremors, seizures, nausea, vomiting, flushing, dizziness, and increased body temperature.
- Interaction with serotonergic agents like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), amphetamines, and lithium can cause serotonin syndrome.
- Interaction with class Ia and III antiarrhythmics like quinidine, sotalol, amiodarone, and antipsychotics like thioridazine can increase the risk of QTc prolongation or ventricular arrhythmias.
Storage and disposal of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
Dosage of Venlift Od 37.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Reddy Moulika
BDS, MDS in Periodontics and Implantology
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while on treatment with Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsules?
Q: Are Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsules safe for children?
Q: How long does Venlift Od 37.5 mg capsule take to work?
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- Highlights Of Prescribing Information [Internet]. www.accessdata.fda.gov [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- Venlafaxine 37.5 mg tablets [Internet]. www.medicines.org.uk [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- VENXOR 75 mg tablet [Internet]. www.npra.gov.my [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- Government of Canada, Health Canada, Public Affairs, Consultation, Regions Branch. Drug product database online query. 2012 [cited 17 Mar 2022]
- VENLAFAXINE tablet [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov [cited 17 Mar 2022]