Veloz 10mg Tablets
Veloz 10 MG Description
Veloz Tablet is used to treat acidity & heartburn in conditions such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It contains rabeprazole as its active medici
ne. It belongs to the 'Proton pump inhibitor' class of medications. They are used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. You should take this medicine as directed by the doctor. It should preferably be taken in the morning, 30 minutes before meals.
- Rablet 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 120.40₹ 102.34₹ 6.82/Tablet
- Rabium 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.25₹ 22.31₹ 2.23/Tablet
- Pepcia 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 21.15₹ 17.9818.18% CHEAPER₹ 1.80/Tablet
Uses of Veloz 10 MG
- For the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach rises to the food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Veloz 10 MG
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Veloz 10 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Veloz 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver function problem.
- You are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness.
- You are to undergo any blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are excreting black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You are expected to take this medicine for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with that.
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12 which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability.
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Veloz Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Veloz 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- In an average healthy individual, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers....
- Veloz Tablet blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps thus acid release in the stomach decreases and this helps in the healing of ulcers and helps improve symptoms such as acidity and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Veloz 10 MG
- Take Veloz Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food.
- You should take this medicine without fail and regularly as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than what has been prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Veloz 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Veloz Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently consuming or might consume to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Veloz Tablet along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as Rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines....
- There may be higher chances of getting side effects if you are consuming a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole should be used carefully, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Veloz 10 MG
- Store Veloz Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicine which is no longer needed.
Dosage of Veloz 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Veloz Tablet?
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Veloz Tablet, what should I do?
Q: Can I take Veloz Tablet empty stomach?
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]