Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Veldrop Eye Drop is used as a lubricant for temporary relief from burning irritation and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or due to exposure to wind or sun. It helps in restoring the natural moist
ure of your eyes using natural tears. Veldrop Eye Drop contain carboxymethylcellulose as its active ingredient. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor. Before using Veldrop Eye Drop, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions....
Uses of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
Veldrop Eye Drop is used in providing temporary relief from burning, irritation and discomfort caused due to dryness of the eyes.
Contraindications of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
If you are allergic to carboxymethylcellulose or any of the other ingredients of Veldrop Eye Drop.
Side effects of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
Can I instil Veldrop Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Veldrop Eye Drop during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I instil Veldrop Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Veldrop Eye Drop can be used while breastfeeding as this is meant for external application and the chances of its absorption are negligible.
Can I drive if I have instilled Veldrop Eye Drop?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and an inability to recognise objects properly after using Veldrop Eye Drop. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled Veldrop Eye Drop?
There is no information available on the interaction of Veldrop Eye Drop with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and may be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Concomitant eye medication should be administered 15 minutes before the installation of Veldrop Eye Drop.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eye.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. When there is a decrease in the production of tears, it leads to drying of eyes which causes further irritation,redness and itching....Read more
- Carboxymethylcellulose present in Veldrop Eye Drop has a high viscosity which prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes....Read more
Directions for Use of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
- Use Veldrop Eye Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper, and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- You should remove your contact lens before using this medicine.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using Veldrop Eye Drop if it has changed colour or has become cloudy.
Interactions of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with Veldrop Eye Drop, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
- Store Veldrop Eye Drop at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- You should not use it once its expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Veldrop 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
As Veldrop Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Veldrop Eye Drop, instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next instillation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Veldrop Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
A: No, you should remove contact lenses and then instil Veldrop Eye Drop. You can use the lenses 15 mins after instilling the drops.
Q: Can Veldrop Eye Drop be used for the ears?
A: No, Veldrop Eye Drop is an eye drop and should only be used in the eyes.
Q: How to open Veldrop Eye Drop?
A: You should follow the instructions provided on the packing. Twist the nozzle in the direction shown and break the seal. Now tighten the nozzle again. Shake it well before using Veldrop Eye Drop.
Q: Is Veldrop Eye Drop safe for babies?
A: The safety and efficacy of Veldrop Eye Drop in babies and children have not been established. No information is available.
Q: What is the use of Veldrop Eye Drop?
A: Veldrop Eye Drop is used as a lubricant and in conditions causing dry eyes.
Q: Can I use Veldrop Eye Drop frequently?
A: Veldrop Eye Drop should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Veldrop Eye Drop cause cataract?
A: There is no information suggesting the use of Veldrop Eye Drop can lead to cataract formation.
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 07 May 2021 | 03:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved