Vanlid 500mg Injection
Vanlid 500 MG Description
Vanlid Inj is an antibacterial medication used to treat particular complicated life threatening infections caused due to antibiotic resistant bacteria. This medicine belongs to a class of medicines c
alled ‘glycopeptide antibiotics’ and is strictly to be taken under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The composition of Vanlid is vancomycin.
Uses of Vanlid 500 MG
- Treatment of serious bacterial infections:
- Endocarditis (infection of the heart lining and valves),
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the lining of the abdomen),
- Bone infections
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Skin and skin structure infections.
- Antibiotic-associated pseudomembranous colitis
Contraindications of Vanlid 500 MG
- Allergy to vancomycin
Side effects of Vanlid 500 MG
- Pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Vanlid 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have allergy to vancomycin
- You have any hearing problems
- You have a kidney, liver, lung or heart problem
- You have been receiving Vancomycin for a long time
- You develop any skin reactions
- You develop severe or prolonged diarrhea (during or after treatment) to rule out any lower intestine damage (pseudomembranous colitis) due to usage of antibiotics
Mode of Action of Vanlid 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vanlid 500 MG
- Vanlid is a powder that is mixed with fluid and injected intravenously (into a vein). It is usually infused (slowly injected). The duration of treatment is determined by the type of infection by your doctor. Do not try to take the injection by yourself....
Interactions of Vanlid 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Kidney function should be monitored when vancomycin is given with other antibiotics (Streptomycin, Gentamicin, Neomycin, Kanamycin, Amikacin, Tobramycin, Bacitracin, Colistin, Polymyxin B); Viomycin (used to treat tuberculosis); Amphotericin B (used to treat fungal infections); Cisplatin (used to treat cancer)...
- Medicines given during anesthesia for muscle relaxation (Suxamethonium or Vecuronium) may cause alleric reaction or shock
- General anesthesia may enhance the adverse effects of Vancomycin
Storage and disposal of Vanlid 500 MG
- Store between 15 to 30 degree celsius before powder is prepared for injection. Keep away from excess sunlight and moisture.
- Keep away from pets and children. Discard in an environment-friendly way. Do not flush in the drain.
Dosage of Vanlid 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Vanlid be recommended to children?
Q: Can Vanlid be recommended to elderly patients?
Q: Is there a fixed duration of treatment with Vanlid?
Q: Can Vanlid be recommended for infections by gram-negative bacilli, mycobacteria, or fungi?
Q: Is there any cross-resistance seen with other antibiotics?
- VANCOCIN® HCl (Vancomycin Hydrochloride for Injection) [Internet].Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/060180s047lbl.pdf
- Drugs H. Vancomycin Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 1 April 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601167.html