Urimax 0.4 Cap 20's
By CIPLA LIMITED
20 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Urimax 0.4 Capsule contains the active substance tamsulosin. It is used in benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). In some older men, enlargement of the prostate occurs, leading to difficulty in urination. This medicine can cause a drop in blood pressure and dizziness. If you are on medicines for the treatment of high blood pressure, inform your doctor. You need to follow all the instructions of your doctor while taking this capsule. Some of the common side effects of Urimax 0.4 capsule are headache, dizziness. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbs and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
Urimax 0.4 Capsule is used in men for treating symptoms (like difficulty in urination, urine dribbling, frequent urination during night) associated with benign enlargement of the prostate (BPH).
Contraindications of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
- If you are allergic to tamsulosin or any of the other ingredients
- If you have problems with your liver
- If you suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed when you sit up or stand up
Side effects of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
- Dizziness (sitting up or standing up from lying position)
- Difficulties in ejaculation
- Headache, nausea, vomiting
- Constipation, diarrhoea, weakness
- Feeling your heartbeat (palpitation)
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose, bleeding from nose
- Rash, itching
- Blurry vision
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
Can I take Urimax 0.4 during pregnancy?
Urimax 0.4 is used in men and is not indicated for use in women.
Can I take Urimax 0.4 while breastfeeding?
Urimax 0.4 is used in men and is not indicated for use in women.
Can I drive if I have consumed Urimax 0.4?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving. Still, since this medicine may cause sleepiness, blurred vision, dizziness and fainting, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Urimax 0.4?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol. Still, you should avoid taking alcohol in an excessive amount as alcohol intake can make you more dizzy or drowsy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You are allergic to tamosulosin
- You have ever fainted or felt dizzy when suddenly sitting or standing up
- You have or will be having eye surgery for cataract or glaucoma
- Use of Tamsulosin may increase the risk of eye complications during and after the cataract and glaucoma surgery
- If you are below 18 years of age
- In men, ejaculation disorders and ejaculation failure have been observed with tamsulosin
Mode of Action of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
How Does It Work?
Urimax 0.4 decreases the tension in muscles of prostate and urethra (which carries urine), so that easier flow of urine is facilitated. Thus, it improves the symptoms associated with benign enlargement of the prostate.
Directions for Use of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor
Interactions of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience low blood pressure effects like dizziness and lightheadedness when Urimax is taken together with blood pressure medicines like Verapamil and Diltiazem
- Medicines like Ketoconazole (used for fungal infection), Erythromycin (antibiotic), Cimetidine (used for acidity), Ritonavir, Indinavir (used for HIV infection) may increase the removal of tamsulosin from the body so should be used with cautionread less
- Warfarin (used to prevent blood clotting) can speed up the removal of tamsulosin from your body, and thus decrease the effectiveness of tamsulosin
- Other medicines like Furosemide, Paroxetine, Doxazosin, Indoramin and Prazosin should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
- Store below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets
- You should not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed
- You should not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed
Dosage of Urimax 0.4 Cap 20'S
- Overdose of Urimax 0.4 may cause a severe drop in blood pressure, fatigue, lightheadedness, dizziness and malaise
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of this medicine may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Urimax 0.4 capsule?
A: Urimax 0.4 capsule contains the active substance tamsulosin. It is used in men for treatment of symptoms like difficulty in urination, urine dribbling and frequent urination during night associated with benign enlargement of the prostate.
Q: Can Urimax 0.4 be taken after consuming alcohol?
A: Use of alcohol, along with this medicine can increase the chances of dizziness and drowsiness. Consult your doctor if you are consuming alcohol.
Q: Will I get or experience any sexual problem during therapy with Urimax 0.4?
A: You may experience a delay in ejaculation or decrease ejaculation which is harmless.
Q: Can I take Urimax 0.4 with blood pressure lowering medicines?
A: Urimax 0.4 produces dizziness and fainting. So if you take it with other blood pressure-lowering agents, you may experience these symptoms. So you should inform your doctor if you are taking any blood pressure-lowering medicines before taking it.
Q: For how long Urimax 0.4 can be taken?
A: Urimax 0.4 capsule is used in treating symptoms like difficulty in urination, urine dribbling and frequent urination during night associated with benign enlargement of the prostate. Therefore, it should be taken for as long as your doctor has suggested.
Q: How much time does Urimx take to reduce the prostate size?
A: Urimax 0.4 is used for the symptomatic relief of the enlarged prostate. It does not directly affect the size of the prostate.
Q: Can I stop taking Urimax on my own, if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
A: No, you should never stop taking this medicine until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good or you feel that your symptoms are recovering. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure and may produce side effects as well.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare professional before I start the treatment with these medicines?
- Before taking this medicine, you should:
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you have any eye surgery
Q: Can this medicine be given to a teenage boy?
A: No, this medicine should not be given to patients below 18 years of age.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
- Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner.
- This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Urimax 0.4 mg capsules?
A: Side effects of Urimax 0.4 mg capsules are dizziness while sitting up or standing up from lying position, difficulties in ejaculation, headache, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhoea, weakness, palpitation, swelling and irritation inside the nose, bleeding from nose.
Q: I wanted to know, if I am allowed to ride my bike if I have taken Urimax 0.4 capsules?
- This medicine is known to cause side effects like dizziness, tiredness, visual abnormalities. Hence you should avoid driving if you experience any of these symptoms.
- If you feel dizzy, it is better to rest for some time and resume once you feel better.
Q: Will Urimax 0.4 capsule cause constipation?
A: Urimax 0.4 capsule may cause certain Gastrointestinal sid-effects like consitpation, diarrhoea, nausea and vomitting. Please consult your doctor before use of the medicine
Q: What is the best time to take Urimax 0.4 mg capsules?
A: Take this medicine as prescribed in dosage and duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to take this medicine at the same time everyday.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved