Ulyses 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Golbi 300 mg tablet is used to dissolve gall stones in various liver-related disorders such as cirrhosis, sclerosing cholangitis, and liver dysfunction. Gall stones are hardened deposits of digestive juices formed in the gall bladder (a small organ found under the liver). It mainly occurs due to increased cholesterol content in bile juice. Golbi 300 mg tablet contains ursodeoxycholic acid as an active ingredient. This tablet acts as a dissolving agent, which reduces the cholesterol content in bile. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
|You Save||₹62.32 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ursodeoxycholic Acid / Ursodiol(300.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Ursodeoxycholic Acid / Ursodiol(300.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ulyses 300mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Ulyses 300 MG
- To dissolve gallbladder stones that are made of cholesterol in various liver-related disorders such as cirrhosis and sclerosing cholangitis.
- Liver dysfunction is associated with cystic fibrosis (a hereditary disease that affects the lungs and digestive system).
Contraindications of Ulyses 300 MG
- If you are allergic to ursodeoxycholic acid or any ingredient of Golbi 300 mg tablet.
- If you have a stomach or intestinal ulcer or bleeding.
- If you have a liver-related disorder and non-functional gall bladder.
- If you have recently had a surgery involving any part of your intestine.
- If you are suffering from inflammation/blockage of the gall bladder or biliary tract.
- If you are suffering from a liver or intestinal condition which affects the circulation of bile substances like blockage of the bile duct.
Side effects of Ulyses 300 MG
- Sticky stool
Precautions and Warnings of Ulyses 300 MG
Can I take Golbi 300 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety data available in pregnant women, Golbi 300 mg tablet must not be used during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by the doctor and potential risks justify the benefits. Proper birth control measures should be taken while on treatment.
Can I take Golbi 300 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if ursodeoxycholic acid passes into human milk, hence Golbi 300 mg tablet is not recommended while breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Golbi 300 mg tablet?
It is not expected that Golbi 300 mg tablet will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Golbi 300 mg tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Golbi 300 mg tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience persistent diarrhoea and the doctor should discontinue the therapy immediately.
- You have a history of liver disease or obstruction in bile passage, your doctor may ask you to do liver function test regularly.
- It would be best if you avoid a high cholesterol diet during the treatment as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- Your doctor may ask you for an ultrasound after six months of the treatment to check the therapeutic improvement.
- Women of childbearing age should use non-hormonal contraceptive measures (physical barrier) or low oestrogen oral contraceptive pills. Combination oral contraceptive pills should not be taken with Golbi 300 mg tablet....
Mode of Action of Ulyses 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Golbi 300 mg tablet improve liver function. It works as a dissolving agent and thus reduces the cholesterol content in bile and controls the blood's amount of cholesterol. It is also known to control the synthesis of cholesterol and absorption from the intestine....
Directions for Use of Ulyses 300 MG
- Golbi 300 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Ulyses 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Golbi 300 mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of cholesterol-lowering medicines such as cholestyramine or colestipol and some antacids may reduce this medicine's efficacy. So, it should be taken between the gap of 2 hours at least....
- Contraceptive pills should not be used if you are being prescribed with Golbi 300 mg tablet
- Other medicines that may affect this medicine's absorption are charcoal, and antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, cholesterol-lowering medicines like Atorvastatin, and Dapsone used as an anti-infective. Hence, it should not be used concomitantly....
Storage and disposal of Ulyses 300 MG
Store Golbi 300 mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ulyses 300 MG
The most common symptom of an overdose of this tablet is diarrhoea. Consult your doctor immediately if you have taken an excessive dose of Golbi 300 mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Golbi 300 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take during the treatment with Golbi 300 mg tablet?
A: Sometimes you may suffer from persistent diarrhoea or blood in the stool. It would be best if you inform your doctor immediately. Your doctor may ask you to do liver function test regularly during the treatment.
Q: Does high blood cholesterol level cause gallbladder stones?
A: High blood cholesterol levels can cause supersaturation of cholesterol crystals, which may eventually lead to gallstone formation.
Q: Is Golbi 300 mg tablet used for reducing high bilirubin?
A: No, Golbi 300 mg tablet is not used to reduce the levels of bilirubin. This medicine should only be used for the condition it is prescribed for.
- DESTOLIT 150 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Ursodeoxycholic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- URSO (ursodiol) tablets, for oral use, USP, [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
- Lactmed - Ursodiol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2021]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.