Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml Description
Ultitar-CS lotion is a body and scalp lotion. It contains a combination of clobetasol, salicylic acid and coal tar. Clobetasol is a steroid, salicylic acid is an antiseptic and coal tar is a preserva
tive as well as aids in relieving itching. This lotion can soften the hard layer of skin. It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as eczema, red sores around the nose and mouth (impetigo), skin damage (lesions) and red scaly patches (psoriasis). Ultitar-CS lotion should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor. Avoid direct contact with eyes. Wash your hands after applying the lotion.
|You Save||₹81.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salicylic Acid(3.0 %) + Coal Tar(5.0 %) + Clobetasol(0.05 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, irritation, itching at the application site|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
Uses of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
Contraindications of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, salicylic acid, coal tar or any other ingredient of Ultitar-CS lotion.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- If you are using it for any other skin condition such as acne, inflammation of genitals, etc.
Side effects of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any other topical medicine or steroid.
- You experience sudden weight gain, purple stretch marks on arms, breast or stomach, thinning of the skin (Cushing's syndrome).
- You should not use this lotion on open wounds or on a large surface area.
- If you are experiencing irritation, dryness, sensitivity on the skin after applying this lotion, discontinue and consult your doctor.
- You should not apply this medicine near the eyes, eyelids, nose or mucous membranes.
- You should not smoke or go near smoke or heat after applying this lotion.
- Avoid direct sunlight, as it may lead to photosensitivity.
Mode of Action of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Ultitar-CS lotion works by the combined action of its components.
- Clobetasol is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of a chemical substance that is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Salicylic acid improves the condition of swelling and redness in the skin and helps in shedding the hard skin or dead skin. It also improves the penetration of clobetasol into the skin.
- Coal tar provides relief from itching and also aids in softening the hard skin.
Directions for Use of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
- Use Ultitar-CS lotion as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Ultitar-CS lotion unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area for days and times advised by your doctor.
Interactions of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Ultitar-CS lotion is for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like itraconazole, ritonavir which is used in HIV infection. Do not apply any other topical medicine in the area where Ultitar-CS lotion is applied.
Storage and disposal of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
- Store Ultitar-CS lotion below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the expired medicine or medicine that is no longer required.
Dosage of Ultitar Cs Lotion 100ml
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to apply Ultitar-CS lotion?
Q: What is the use of Ultitar-CS lotion?
Q: Can I go out on a sunny day after applying Ultitar-CS lotion?
- ClobaDerm 500micrograms/g Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- Medisalic Ointment - External Preparations - Torque Pharma [Internet]. Torquepharma.com. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]
- Coal Tar (Exorex) Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 November 2021]