Tyza M Gel 10gm
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tyza-M gel is used to treat fungal infections along with redness and itching of the skin. Tyza-M gel contains a combination of mometasone and terbinafine. This medicine belongs to the antifungal class
of medicines. This gel acts by reducing the redness and itching and inhibiting the fungal growth. You should not use it for any other skin condition. This gel should be used externally only. Do not use this gel in or around your eyes, including eyelids. You may experience side effects such as dry skin, skin irritation, peeling of the skin. Do not stop using this gel abruptly unless advised by your doctor....
Uses of Tyza M Gel 10gm
Tyza-M gel is used to treat fungal infections along with redness and itching of the skin.
Contraindications of Tyza M Gel 10gm
- If you are allergic to mometasone, terbinafine or any of the components of Tyza-M gel.
- If you have any other skin conditions such as acne, thinning of the skin, cold sores, chickenpox, itching in the genital region, nappy rash, ulcerated skin, wounds, reactivation of chickenpox virus, skin growth....Read more
Side effects of Tyza M Gel 10gm
- Dry skin
- Skin irritation
- Peeling of the skin
- Hair infection
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin discolouration
- Stretch marks
- Excessive hair growth
Precautions and Warnings of Tyza M Gel 10gm
Can I use Tyza-M gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the effect of Tyza-M gel on pregnancy. This medicine is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and there are rare chances of absorption. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use Tyza-M gel while breastfeeding?
The Tyza-M gel should not be used while breastfeeding and the infant should not come in contact with treated skin area like the breast. Always consult and inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding while using this gel.
Can I drive if I have applied Tyza-M gel?
Tyza-M does not impair driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Tyza-M gel application?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this gel. However, alcohol consumption delays the healing of infection. Hence it is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You notice any growth filled with pus under your skin.
- You experience blurring of vision, skin irritation after applying, facial swelling, weakness and tiredness.
- You have diabetes.
- Avoid contact with eye or eyelids.
- You are using it for children above 12 years of age since it should be used cautiously.
Mode of Action of Tyza M Gel 10gm
How Does It Work?
- Tyza-M gel contains mometasone and terbinafine. which is an antifungal agent.
- Mometasone acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps in reducing swelling, redness, itching caused by various skin conditions.
- Terbinafine medicine interferes with the biosynthesis of fungus within fungal cells, thus it inhibits the growth of the fungus.
Directions for Use of Tyza M Gel 10gm
- Use Tyza-M gel as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Tyza M Gel 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Tyza-M gel is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating
other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Tyza M Gel 10gm
- Store this gel below 25ºC.
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Discard this gel after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Tyza M Gel 10gm
- As Tyza-M gel is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you forgot to apply the gel, then apply the desired amount as soon as you remember it. Do not apply a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Tyza-M gel a steroid?
A: Tyza-M gel contains a combination of mometasone and terbinafine, where mometasone belongs to the steroid group of medicine and terbinafine belongs to an antifungal group of medicine.
Q: My Doctor has advised me to use Tyza-M gel. How should I apply it? Do I have to rub the area after application?
A: Tyza-M gel is to be applied only to the external body area. Apply it in such a way that it forms a thin layer over the affected area. Rubbing the affected area after the application is not advisable. Always seek your doctor’s advice whenever in doubt.
Q: I am using Tyza-M gel for the last 3 weeks but now I feel I am not having symptoms anymore, so can I stop using this gel?
A: It is not advisable to stop using this gel abruptly. Always consult your doctor before stopping this gel.
- Elocon Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
- Lamisil 1% w/w Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 27 Apr 2021 | 12:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved