Twincal 20mg Tablet
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clinidipine belongs to a class of medicines called antihypertensives.
Uses of Twincal 20mg Tab
It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Contraindications of Twincal 20mg Tab
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have unstable chest pain
- If you recently had a heart attack
- If you experience low blood pressure
- If you have a condition where the valve between left ventricle and aorta is narrow (Aortic stenosis)
Side effects of Twincal 20mg Tab
- Swelling on legs
- Lack of energy
- Muscular pain
- Increased frequency of urination
- Irregular heartbeat
- Hot flushes (warmth feeling over face, neck and chest)
Precautions and Warnings of Twincal 20mg Tab
Can I take Twincal 20mg Tab during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Twincal 20mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as no information is available on the use of this medicine in breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Twincal 20mg Tab?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advised not to drive or operate any machines. Contact your doctor for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Twincal 20mg Tab?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure (hypotension)
- You had heart failure
- You feel chest pain after taking this medicine
- You feel dizziness while getting up
Mode of Action of Twincal 20mg Tab
How Does It Work?
It acts by relaxing the blood vessels and improves the blood flow, hence reduces stress on the heart and lowers blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Twincal 20mg Tab
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water
- Take this medicine every day at the same time
Interactions of Twincal 20mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin)
- Medicines used to treat schizophrenia (antipsychotic)
- Medicines used to treat fits (epilepsy), like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions (Quinidine)
- Medicines used to treat some cancers (Aldesleukin)
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin
- Any other medicines used to treat hypertension (antihypertensive)
Storage and disposal of Twincal 20mg Tab
- It should be stored in a tightly-closed container to protect it from light and heat
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Twincal 20mg Tab
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking this medicine?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have any liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Q: Can I stop the medication of Clinidipine if I feel better?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine all of a sudden on your own, as this may cause chest pain or heart problems. If you are not able to tolerate this medicine, contact your doctor and explain the same. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose and stop this medicine and shift you to another medication if he or she perceives it appropriate.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:50 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved