Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tuspel Plus SF syrup is used in the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs, and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spasm, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It contains terbutaline, bromhexine and ammonium chloride as the main ingredients. This medicine is used to improve the breathing problems related to asthma, cough (especially with sputum), and stuffy nose. This medicine relaxes the muscles of the windpipe and decrease the viscosity of sputum and helps in the easy removal of phlegm from the windpipe. Nausea, vomiting, headache and dizziness are some common side effects associated with the use of this medicine, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then consult with your doctor.
Uses of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
- Tuspel Plus SF syrup is used to manage wet cough associated with bronchial asthma, infection or inflammation in the lungs, throat and airways.
Contraindications of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
- If you are allergic to this syrup or any other ingredients of Tuspel Plus SF syrup.
- If you have any kind of underlying medical condition like heart-related problems, fits etc.
- If you have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland.
- If you have a liver or kidney function problem.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
- Fast heartbeats
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling tense
- Feeling sick
- Being sick
- Stomach pain
- Ponding heart beats (palpitation)
- Low blood potassium levels (produces symptoms like weakness, thirst, pins and needle sensation)
Precautions and Warnings of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
Can I take Tuspel Plus SF Syrup during pregnancy?
This medicine may pass into the blood of the baby and may produce side effects so take the doctor's advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Tuspel Plus SF Syrup while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass into the breast milk and adversely affect your baby so do not take this medicine without the doctor's advice if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or use heavy machines. However, it tends to cause tremors and palpitations, in case you experience any such side effects or any discomfort, refrain from driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
Do not take this medicine with alcohol, as it increases the risk of side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a feeling of weakness or any symptoms related to hypersensitivity reactions.
- You have asthma or mechanical narrowing of the lumen of the windpipe, cough for a long time.
- You have stomach or duodenal ulcers this medicine may irritate the lining.
- You have any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney diseases, overactive thyroid gland, diabetes, heat-treated disorder etc.
- You have pregnancy or any problem related to pregnancy.
- It should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
- If you feel difficulty in breathing, asthma episode, experience chest tightness, not getting relief from current symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
How Does It Work?
- This syrup is a combination of three active ingredients bromhexine, terbutaline and ammonium chloride.
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier.read less
- Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine that makes the sputum thinner and loosens the phlegm. Ammonium chloride with its irritative action acts on the cells in the airways which leads to the production of fluid in the airways that helps in the removal of the phlegm or the cough.read less
Directions for Use of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period.
- Do not stop this medicine without doctors advice.
Interactions of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Tuspel Plus SF syrup or Tuspel Plus SF syrup itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.read less
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antihypertensive such as atenolol, propranolol, medicines for respiratory-related disorders like theophylline, water pills like furosemide, eye drops like Timolol for glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye) etc.read less
- If you are to undergo any surgery with general anaesthetics it is important that you inform your doctor about all medications you are taking.
Storage and disposal of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store at 20°-25°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Tuspel Plus Sf Syp
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Overdose of this medicine may increase the chances of side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without the doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
A: This medicine is used to relieve the symptoms of breathing problem related to asthma, cough and stuffy nose. It improves the condition of patients who have a cough with sputum.
Q: How Tuspel Plus SF Syrup works?
A: Tuspel Plus SF Syrup contains medicines known as Terbutaline, Bromhexine and Ammonium chloride. Terbutaline is a bronchodilator group of medicine. It relaxes the muscle tension of the windpipe by blocking the effect of certain chemicals in the body. Thus breathing becomes easier for the patient. Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine that makes the sputum thinner and loosens the phlegm. Ammonium chloride being expectorant medicine increases the fluid production in the windpipe and helps in the easy removal of sticky phlegm, thus it becomes easier for the patient to cough it out. A combination of these medicines relieves symptoms like chest pain which arises due to severe coughing. It is also helpful in patients with asthma with other medicines.
Q: When to stop Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
A: Do not stop this medicine without the doctor's advice as it may increase the chances of symptoms coming back. If you develop any symptoms related to hypersensitivity or any other abnormal symptoms stop the medicine and rush to a nearby hospital.
Q: Can I take other cough and cold medicines with Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
A: No, it will increase the chances of side effects and overdose. So if you taking any other medicines inform your doctor beforehand.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- Bisolvon 4mg/5ml Oral Solution [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- Bromhexine.com - The official site for Bromhexine information [Internet]. Bromhexine. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- TERBUTALINE SYRUP [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- Ammonium chloride | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
|You Save||₹15.13 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Ammonium(50.0 Mg),Menthol(0.75 Mg),Bromhexine(4.0 Mg),Terbutaline(1.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Wet cough associated with bronchial asthma|
|Side effects||Shaking, headache, irregular heartbeats, cramps, feeling sick|
Last Updated on: 24 Apr 2021 | 12:57 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved