Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant Description
Tuspel Plus SF syrup is used in the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs, and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spas
m, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It contains terbutaline, bromhexine and ammonium chloride as the main ingredients. This medicine is used to improve the breathing problems related to asthma, cough (especially with sputum), and stuffy nose. This medicine relaxes the muscles of the windpipe and decrease the viscosity of sputum and helps in the easy removal of phlegm from the windpipe. Nausea, vomiting, headache and dizziness are some common side effects associated with the use of this medicine, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition then consult with your doctor.
|Ammonium(50.0 Mg) + Menthol(0.75 Mg) + Bromhexine(4.0 Mg) + Terbutaline(1.25 Mg)
|Wet cough associated with bronchial asthma
|Shaking, headache, irregular heartbeats, cramps, feeling sick
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Tuspel Plus SF syrup is used to manage wet cough associated with bronchial asthma, infection or inflammation in the lungs, throat and airways.
Contraindications of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- If you are allergic to this syrup or any other ingredients of Tuspel Plus SF syrup.
- If you have any kind of underlying medical condition like heart-related problems, fits etc.
- If you have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland.
- If you have a liver or kidney function problem.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
Side effects of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Fast heartbeats
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling tense
- Feeling sick
- Being sick
- Stomach pain
- Ponding heart beats (palpitation)
- Low blood potassium levels (produces symptoms like weakness, thirst, pins and needle sensation)
Precautions and Warnings of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Other General Warnings
- You have a feeling of weakness or any symptoms related to hypersensitivity reactions.
- You have asthma or mechanical narrowing of the lumen of the windpipe, cough for a long time.
- You have stomach or duodenal ulcers this medicine may irritate the lining.
- You have any underlying medical condition like liver or kidney diseases, overactive thyroid gland, diabetes, heat-treated disorder etc.
- You have pregnancy or any problem related to pregnancy.
- It should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
- If you feel difficulty in breathing, asthma episode, experience chest tightness, not getting relief from current symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
How Does It Work?
- This syrup is a combination of three active ingredients bromhexine, terbutaline and ammonium chloride.
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier....
- Bromhexine is a mucolytic group of medicine that makes the sputum thinner and loosens the phlegm. Ammonium chloride with its irritative action acts on the cells in the airways which leads to the production of fluid in the airways that helps in the removal of the phlegm or the cough....
Directions for Use of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period.
- Do not stop this medicine without doctors advice.
Interactions of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Tuspel Plus SF syrup or Tuspel Plus SF syrup itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- Especially if you are on certain medications like antihypertensive such as atenolol, propranolol, medicines for respiratory-related disorders like theophylline, water pills like furosemide, eye drops like Timolol for glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye) etc....
- If you are to undergo any surgery with general anaesthetics it is important that you inform your doctor about all medications you are taking.
Storage and disposal of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store at 20°-25°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Tuspel Plus Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
Q: How Tuspel Plus SF Syrup works?
Q: When to stop Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
Q: Can I take other cough and cold medicines with Tuspel Plus SF Syrup?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- Bisolvon 4mg/5ml Oral Solution [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- Bromhexine.com - The official site for Bromhexine information [Internet]. Bromhexine. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- TERBUTALINE SYRUP [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
- Ammonium chloride | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]