Trycin 100mg Inj
By BMW PHARMACO INDIA PVT LTD
Non ReturnableRead More
Trycin 100mg Inj contains Amikacin as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of medicines called Aminoglycoside antibiotics.
Uses of Trycin 100mg Inj
- Severe infections caused by bacteria like treatment of bloodstream infection
- Joints and bone infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Stomach infection
- Soft tissue infection
Contraindications of Trycin 100mg Inj
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are suffering from a disease called myasthenia gravis (severe muscle weakness)
Side effects of Trycin 100mg Inj
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Trycin 100mg Inj
Can I take Trycin 100mg Inj during pregnancy?
- Aminoglycoside can harm the foetus. However, the effect of this medicine is unknown in pregnancy
- Medicines from this class, when given in pregnancy, can result in deafness in the baby
- It is advisable to avoid conceiving if you are on this medication
Can I take Trycin 100mg Inj while breastfeeding?
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as it is unknown if Amikacin passes in human milk
- If you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk
- In case you happen to breastfeed while being on this medication, watch for diarrhea, or diaper rash in the baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Trycin 100mg Inj?
This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore, caution is advised while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Trycin 100mg Inj?
- No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem
- You have hearing loss or ear disorder
- You experience ringing in the ears, or vertigo
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics related to Amikacin
- You have an allergy to sulfites
Mode of Action of Trycin 100mg Inj
How Does It Work?
Trycin 100mg Inj works by stopping protein synthesis that is necessary for the growth of certain types of bacteria which are responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Trycin 100mg Inj
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Trycin 100mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines which are used to increase the production of urine (diuretics/ water tablets), like Furosemide and Ethacrynic Acid
- Medicines used to treat pain and swelling (anti-inflammatory medicine) like Indomethacin
- Antibiotics like Penicillin or Cephalosporins or other antibiotics which can affect your kidney or hearing ability or balance
- Medicines known as anaesthetics, like Lidocaine
- Medicines used to relax the muscles (muscle relaxants)
- Medicines that slow down the loss of bone and strengthen bone, like Bisphosphonates
- Vitamin B1, like Thiamine that allows the body to use carbohydrates as energy
- Medicines used in chemotherapy (platinum containing compounds), like Cisplatin
Storage and disposal of Trycin 100mg Inj
- Keep this medicine below 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children
- After dilution, the dose should be used within 24 hours
Dosage of Trycin 100mg Inj
Your doctor or nurse will give you this injection, so it is unlikely that you will be given more of this medicine. However, if you observe any symptoms, inform your doctor or nurse.
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you when the medicine is given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them about the same
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while taking Trycin 100mg Inj?
- Have an adequate amount of fluids and water when you are on this medication
- If you are on this medication for long, your doctor may check your kidney function
- Immediately report to your doctor if you experience ringing in the ears, hearing or vision loss, skin tingling, muscle twitching and fits
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved