Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Triobimet 1mg Tablet contains glimepiride, pioglitazone, and metformin as the active components. This tablet is used to treat type-2 diabetes, a type of diabetes that occurs when the body does not pr
oduce enough insulin and if an individual is overweight. Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas that is used to control blood sugar levels. Glimepiride stimulates the release of insulin from the pancreas and inhibits glucose production in the liver. Metformin also decreases glucose production in the liver. Pioglitazone increases the response of the body to insulin. This medicine is only available on a doctor's prescription and should be taken at a dose and for a duration prescribed by the doctor. This medicine is not recommended in pregnant and breastfeeding women. Common side effects include headache, joint pain, taste changes, stomach pain, diarrhoea, and vomiting. If these effects persist or worsen, seek medical help immediately.
|You Save||₹21.37 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Glimepiride(1.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, joint pain, taste changes, stomach pain, diarrhoea|
- Glimy Mp1 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.50₹ 116.024.21% CHEAPER₹ 11.60/Tablet
- Glyciphage Pg 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 179.00₹ 152.1516.27% CHEAPER₹ 10.14/Tablet
- Geminor Mp 1/500/15mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 188.50₹ 160.2211.81% CHEAPER₹ 10.68/Tablet
- Triopil 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 114.95₹ 97.7119.32% CHEAPER₹ 9.77/Tablet
- Trisulforyl 1mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Metalis Lifesciences Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 110.50₹ 93.9222.46% CHEAPER₹ 9.39/Tablet
- Glucoryl Mp 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.00₹ 144.5020.48% CHEAPER₹ 9.63/Tablet
- Pioplus 1mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Systopic Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.00₹ 58.6567.71% CHEAPER₹ 3.91/Tablet
Uses of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Contraindications of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Allergic to metformin, pioglitazone or glimepiride
- Heart, kidney, or liver disorder
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Bladder cancer
- Blood in urine
- Metabolic acidosis
Side effects of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Joint pain
- Taste changes
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to any ingredients of Triobimet 1mg Tablets
- You are consuming other medicines or supplements
- You have heart problems
- You have liver problems
- You have uncontrolled diabetes or type 1 diabetes
- You have diabetic eye disease
- You have polycystic ovarian syndrome
- You have kidney problem
- You have or had bladder cancer
- You have blood in your urine
- You drink alcohol
- You have infection
- You are severely dehydrated
- You are going to have an X-ray
- You are recovering from an infection, stress, injury, or surgery
Mode of Action of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The dose and duration of the medicine must be followed strictly as directed by the doctor
- Consume the tablets with water
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets
Interactions of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of alcohol, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor antagonists, or diuretics can increase the risk of lactic acidosis...
- Concomitant use of gemfibrozil increases the blood levels of pioglitazone
- Concomitant use of rifampicin decreases the blood levels of pioglitazone
- Concomitant use of ACE inhibitors can decrease blood glucose levels
- Concomitant use of fluconazole increases blood levels of glimepiride
- Concomitant use of clonidine, reserpine, beta-blockers, alcohol, or H2 blockers can increase or decrease the action of glimepiride
- Concomitant use of coumarin can increase or decrease the action of coumarin
- Concomitant use of colesevelam decreases absorption of glimepiride from the digestive tract
- Concomitant use of phenylbutazone, azapropazone and oxyphenbutazone, insulin and oral antidiabetic products, such as metformin, salicylates and p-amino-salicylic acid, anabolic steroids, male sex hormones, chloramphenicol, certain long acting sulphonamides, tetracyclines, quinolone antibiotics and clarithromycin, allopurinol, probenecid sulfinpyrazone, coumarin anticoagulants, fenfluramine, disopyramide, fibrates, ACE inhibitors, fluoxetine, MAO-inhibitors, sympatholytic, cyclophosphamide, trophosphamide and iphosphamides, miconazole, fluconazole, pentoxifylline, tritoqualine can increase the effect of glimepiride...
- Concomitant use of oestrogens and progestogens, saluretics, thiazide diuretics, chlorpromazine, adrenaline and sympathomimetics, thyroid stimulating agents, glucocorticoids, phenothiazine derivatives, nicotinic acid and nicotinic acid derivatives, laxatives, phenytoin, diazoxide, glucagon, barbiturates, rifampicin, acetazolamide can decrease the effect of glimepiride...
Storage and disposal of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the product in its original package
- Keep the medicine away from reach from children and pets
- Do not use the medicine after expiry date
- Do not throw medicines in wastewater or household waste
Dosage of Triobimet 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I consume Triobimet 1mg Tablets?
Q: Will Triobimet 1mg Tablet cause weight gain?
Q: Does Triobimet 1mg Tablet cause cancer?
- Competact 15 mg/850 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022].
- Competact 15 mg/850 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022].
- Glimepiride 2 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022].
- Glimepiride 2 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 March 2022].