Trinex 1mg Tablets
By INEX MEDICAMENTS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Trinex 1mg Tablets Description
Trinex Tablet contains glimepiride, metformin and pioglitazone as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, a condition where blood sugar level rises above the normal range when it cannot be controlled by diet, exercise and other medicine alone. Trinex is an antidiabetic medicine that lowers the raised blood glucose levels. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise along with the medicine. Trinex must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Trinex Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history. An individual with uncontrolled diabetes is at increased risk of various health complications such as eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke....
|You Save||₹2.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes|
|Side effects||Hypoglycemia, headache, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Glimepiride + Metformin + Pioglitazone
Uses of Trinex 1mg Tablets
Trinex Tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus; when diet, exercise and Glimepiride, Metformin combination or any other second line treatment is not able to control the blood sugar levels adequately....
Contraindications of Trinex 1mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, pioglitazone, glimepiride, or any other ingredient of Trinex Tablet.
- If you have class III or IV heart failure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure, a recent incidence of heart attack and shock due to lack oxygen supply.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Trinex 1mg Tablets
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Eye disorders
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Trinex 1mg Tablets
Can I take Trinex Tablet during pregnancy?
Trinex Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are planning a pregnancy, they might suggest some other alternative.
Can I take Trinex Tablet while breastfeeding?
Trinex Tablet should not be used during breastfeeding to prevent harm to the new born baby. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Trinex 1mg Tablets?
- Trinex Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, visual disturbance or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
Can I consume alcohol with Trinex 1mg Tablets?
- It is not advisable to consume alcohol during treatment with Trinex Tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause serious complications known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have fluid retention, swelling or heart failure condition.
- You are an elderly person.
- You have or had bladder cancer or are at risk of developing bladder cancer, liver disease.
- You experience sudden weight gain, changes in blood parameters.
- You experience or have any eye disorder or visual disturbances.
- You have weak bones or are prone to fractures.
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves an injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have serious kidney problems, or undiagnosed blood in urine.
- You have thyroid disorders.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Trinex 1mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from the pancreas. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Pioglitazone acts by improving the sensitivity of liver (hepatic) and peripheral (muscle) tissue to insulin
- All of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Trinex 1mg Tablets
- Trinex Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Trinex 1mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Trinex Tablet works or Trinex itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on other blood sugar medicine, heart medicine, blood pressure medicine, antibiotics, painkillers, medicine used to treat brain related disorder, blood thinners, antacids, or immunomodulatory medicines....
Storage and disposal of Trinex 1mg Tablets
- Store Trinex Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Trinex 1mg Tablets
- Overdose of Trinex Tablet may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels), nausea, vomiting, lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid build-up), headache, dizziness, etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Trinex if my blood sugar level comes in control?
A: Keep taking Trinex Tablet for as long as advised by your doctor. Even if you feel well, do not stop this medicine on your own. Abrupt discontinuation can worsen the condition.
Q: Can the Trinex Tablet cause stomach upset?
A: Yes, the Trinex may cause a stomach upset, though not everyone experiences it. You should continue taking this medicine. Discuss with your doctor in case of a severe stomach upset.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay