Triclazone 40mg Tablets
Triclazone 40mg Tablets Description
New Triclazone Tablet is a combination medicine containing gliclazide, pioglitazone and metformin. They belong to the anti-diabetic class of medicines. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes and works b
y lowering blood sugar levels. It is used when diet, exercise and the single agents and the second-line therapy with two medicine fail to achieve the desired blood sugar level. This medicine should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions you have or had. Take this medicine regularly at the same time to get optimal benefits. Your doctor will decide the best-suited dose for you and this may change from time to time depending on how it is working to control your blood sugar levels.
|You Save||₹11.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Gliclazide(40.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain|
Uses of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
Contraindications of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Gliclazide, Metformin, Pioglitazone or any other components of New Triclazone Tablet.
- If you have Type 1 diabetes.
- If you have or had a history of cardiac failure.
- If you have complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis, lactic acidosis, diabetic pre-coma and coma.
- If you have any liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have or had a history of bladder cancer.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are on treatment with miconazole.
- If you have blood in the urine that your doctor has not checked.
Side effects of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- Sore throat, the common cold
- Decreased blood sugar levels
- Altered sense of touch and taste
- Joint pain, fracture, weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have heart failure problems or retain water (fluid retention) and your age is more than
- 75 years.
- You have a special type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema (swelling of the back of the eye).
- You have cysts on your ovaries (polycystic ovary syndrome). There may be an increased possibility of becoming pregnant because you may ovulate again when you take this medicine.
- You have a liver and kidney problem.
- Your blood sugar falls below the normal level (hypoglycaemia).
- You experience a reduction in blood count (anaemia).
- You have weaker bone strength, particularly in women.
- You experience vomiting, stomach ache, a rapid increase in weight or localised swelling (oedema), muscle cramps, difficulty in breathing, reduced body temperature and heartbeats.
- You have Type 1 diabetes and you consume alcohol.
- You have a planned surgery.
- New Triclazone Tablet is not recommended to be used by children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Metformin works by reducing the glucose production in the liver, increases insulin (that is used to regulate the level of glucose in the body) sensitivity thereby improves glucose uptake and utilisation and delays glucose absorption in the intestine....
- Gliclazide acts on the pancreas and increases the secretion of insulin which further lowers the blood sugar level.
- Pioglitazone works by improving or making cells more sensitive to insulin (or reducing insulin resistance) and makes it easier for sugar (glucose) in the blood to get into the cells.
Directions for Use of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
Interactions of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- As this medicine contains Gliclazide, Pioglitazone and Metformin any interaction seen with then when taken alone may happen with this combination too.
- Concomitant use of phenylbutazone with New Triclazone Tablet increases the effect of lowering blood sugar levels, thereby can cause an incidence of lower than normal blood sugar level.
- Concomitant use of danazol, chlorpromazine, glucocorticoids with this medicine increases the blood sugar level.
- Concomitant use of verapamil decreases the effect of New Triclazone Tablet.
- Concomitant use of gemfibrozil increases the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with warfarin increases the effect of warfarin.
- Concomitant use of alcohol with this medicine decreases blood sugar level and can lead to a change in the body's acid-base balance.
- Fluoroquinolones along with this medicine can lead to a risk of an imbalance in blood sugar levels.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
- Store New Triclazone Tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the product out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Triclazone 40mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What lifestyle changes should be encouraged?
- Living a healthy and active lifestyle is highly recommended which helps achieve control your blood sugar.
- Never skip meals, have meals every 2 -3 hours in a small proportion. Follow the diet provided to you properly.
- Include more fruits, vegetables, salad, nuts in your diet and fewer fats and carbohydrates.
- Exercise regularly and lose weight.
- Do not take any kind of stress.
Q: How will I understand if my blood sugar level is lower than normal (hypoglycemia)?
- Pioglitazone - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Glyclazide - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Metformin - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]