Tretiva 20mg Capsule
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tretiva 20mg Cap is an anti-acne medicine composed of isotretinoin, and it is a form of vitamin A used to treat acne.
Uses of Tretiva 20mg Cap
- Acne (nodular acne)
- skin cancer
Contraindications of Tretiva 20mg Cap
- Allergic to this medication or any of its components
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Liver disease
- High levels of lipids (cholesterol) in blood
- High levels of vitamin A
- Intake of tetracyclines (a type of antibiotic)
Side effects of Tretiva 20mg Cap
- Chapped lips
- Temporary aggravation of acne
- Dry eyes, mouth or skin; dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds
- Severe allergic reactions
- Kidney problems
- Bleeding, redness, or swelling of the gums
- Abnormal hair growth
- Hearing problems or ringing in the ears and vision issues
- Bone pain
- Stomach and pancreatic problems
- Severe psychological disturbances including suicidal tendencies
- Growth problems in children
Precautions and Warnings of Tretiva 20mg Cap
Can I take Tretiva 20mg Cap during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning one, as it may seriously harm the unborn baby.
Can I take Tretiva 20mg Cap while breastfeeding?
This medicine should not be taken while breastfeeding as it is known to pass into the breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tretiva 20mg Cap?
Kindly avoid driving at night while taking this medicine, as it may affect your night vision.
Can I consume alcohol with Tretiva 20mg Cap?
Do not consume alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may lead to fast heartbeat, nausea and vomiting.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- It is advisable not to suggest this medication to anyone even if their symptoms are similar.
- This medicine is for medically prescribed use only.
- The course of this medicine should not be started, altered or stopped by yourself.
- Be careful while administering this medicine to children.
- Visit your doctor once the course of this medicine is completed.
Mode of Action of Tretiva 20mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Tretiva 20mg Cap composition acts by decreasing oil secretion by the oil glands of the skin and renews the skin more quickly.
Directions for Use of Tretiva 20mg Cap
- Take the dosage of Tretiva 20mg Cap according to your doctor's prescription
- This medicine is for oral use only
- Do not dose this medicine beyond the prescribed limit
- Swallow this medicine whole with water
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine
Interactions of Tretiva 20mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Contraceptive pills
- Other forms of vitamin A
- Anticonvulsant medicines
Interactions with food items
Tretiva 20mg Cap for the treatment of acne does not have any interactions with food, but it is advisable to take the medicine with food and avoid oily and junk food.
Other general Interactions
- Liver disease
- High cholesterol
- High levels of vitamin A
Storage and disposal of Tretiva 20mg Cap
- Keep this medicine away from the sight and reach of children
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date mentioned on it
- Store this medicine in a closed container
- Store the medicine at room temperature not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius
- This medicine does not need any other special storage conditions
- Follow medical waste management protocol in the disposal of this medicine
Dosage of Tretiva 20mg Cap
Tretiva 20mg Cap dosage should be used responsibly. Do not overdose this medication as it may lead to some related side effects. If in case of overdose, seek immediate medical help.
Missed a Dose
The usage of this medicine is continuous and at regular intervals; hence, do not miss a dose. If the dose is missed, it is advisable to take the medicine at the earliest; if it is time for the following scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dosage schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before taking this medicine?
A: It is advisable to inform your healthcare provider about the complete medical history along with the history of any liver disease or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: What is the age limit for the usage of this medicine?
A: This medicine is for use by adults and children above 12 years only. Do not administer this medicine to children less than 12 years of age.
Q: What should I do if I get to know that I am pregnant during the course of this medicine?
A: It is advisable to immediately stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor about it at the realisation of your pregnancy. Do not continue the medicine.
Q: Can I use the old prescription to continue or to start a fresh course of Tretiva 20mg Cap?
A: Do not continue or start a new course of this medicine with the old prescription. You need to acquire a new prescription from your doctor for the same.
Q: What is the ideal duration of a course of this medicine?
A: The duration and the dosage of the course are determined by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved