Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Trental 400 Tablet contains Pentoxifylline as an active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of poor blood circulation in the body. It acts by decreasing the viscosity of blood, which makes it easi
er to circulate efficiently through the body....
Uses of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Trental tablet is used to treat poor circulation of blood flow to the limbs.
Contraindications of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pentoxifylline or similar medicines like Aminophylline or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a heart problem like chest pain, irregular or fast heartbeat.
- If you have or had bleeding in the eye or bleeding in the brain (stroke).
Side effects of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Eyes pain
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Trental 400 Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Trental 400 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in a very small amount. Breastfeeding women should take this medicine only if the potential benefit for the mother outweighs the risk to the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Trental 400 Tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, then avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Trental 400 Tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. Consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience allergic reactions, discontinue the medicine immediately.
- You have a blood-circulation problem in the heart or suffering from low blood pressure, then this medicine should be used with caution.
- You have kidney disease, then you need to be monitored carefully. The doctor might reduce the dosage.
- You are already taking any other medicines such as blood-thinning medicines, antidiabetic medicines, antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin or Theophylline to treat respiratory problems.
Mode of Action of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Trental 400 Tablet works by decreasing the viscosity of blood, allowing it to pass easily through the blood vessels. Hence, it helps in enhancing the blood circulation in the arms and legs.
Directions for Use of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor. Take it with a sufficient amount of water.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Patients taking antidiabetic medicines like insulin along with Trental 400 Tablet, need to be monitored closely.
- If the patient is simultaneously taking blood-thinning medicines like Heparin, Warfarin, Tirofiban, then the anticoagulant activity is necessary to be monitored in such patients.
- It can potentiate the effect of medicines to treat high blood pressure like Propranolol, Atenolol, so the dosage may need to be reduced.
- Simultaneous use of Trental 400 Tablet and Ketorolac, a pain relief medicine, may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use of Trental 400 Tablet and Theophylline to treat respiratory problems and Ciprofloxacin used to treat infection may worsen the side effect.
- Other medicines are antacids like Cimetidine, Clopidogrel to reduce the risk of heart disease, Abciximab, painkillers like Acetylsalicylate, etc. should be used with caution if the patient is being treated with Trental 400 Tablet....Read more
Storage and disposal of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in original packing to protect it from moisture.
Dosage of Trental 400mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include low blood pressure, feeling sleepy, fits (seizures) or irregular heartbeat, fever, hot flashes, aggression, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medici
ne, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take
a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I need to take any precautions during treatment with the Trental tablet?
- Yes, your doctor may ask you for regular blood tests, like to monitor liver function tests during the treatment. It may affect your liver.
- You need to tell your doctor if you are already taking any other medications like antidiabetics, medicines used for high blood pressure or blood thinner medicines, etc. It may interfere with the activity of this medicine....Read more
Q: Are Trental tablets safe to use?
A: Yes, the Trental tablets are safe to use when taken under medical supervision. However, in some patients, it may cause allergic reactions.
Last Updated on: 02 Jul 2021 | 10:28 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved