Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
By BIO PHARMA DRUGS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections like infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin as an active ingredient. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective treatment. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection....
Uses of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
- Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
- It used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
Contraindications of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or other components of this Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) .
- Having a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor.
Side effects of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
Can I take the Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of the Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) during pregnancy. You can use the medicine in pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take the Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) while breastfeeding?
Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) passes into breast milk. Hence, you should be cautious and breastfeeding should be discontinued if side effects such as thrush, fungal infection of the mouth are observed in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) ?
There is limited information available on the effect of the medicine on the driving ability of an individual. You may experience dizziness that may influence the ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, avoid driving or operating machine when on treatment with Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) .
Can I consume alcohol with the Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) ?
No known interactions with alcohol. Discuss with the doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease then dose adjustments are required.
- People with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
How Does It Work?
Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) blocks the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
- Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- Avoid overdose of the medicine.
Interactions of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
- Store below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd)
The symptoms of an overdose of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) includes nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting. In case of an overdose, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you miss a dose of Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) , take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the medicine schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) safe to use in pregnancy?
A: Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) can be taken by a pregnant woman if prescribed by a doctor. Avoid self-medicating, especially during pregnancy since there is limited safety information available about the use of the medicine during pregnancy. Consult the doctor before taking medicine.
Q: What is Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) prescribed for?
A: Tram 500mg Cap (Bd) is an antibiotic used for treating infections of the lungs, throat, airways, ears, tonsils, urinary tract, certain reproductive tract infection (gonorrhoea) and to reduce the risk of recurrence of an ulcer due to a bacteria, H. pylori.
- Novamox Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]