Tiova Inhaler 200md
By CIPLA LIMITED
200md Metered Dose Inhaler in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tiova Inhaler contains Tiotropium as an active ingredient. It is used for the maintenance of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Tiova Inhaler is a bronchodilator that acts by dilating the airway tract by relaxing the smooth muscle. It should be taken for inhalation purpose via the mouth and not to be swallowed. Take it at the dose recommended by your doctor for the prescribed duration to gain the optimal benefit from it. You may experience dry mouth or oral infection after taking this medicine. Hence, it is recommended to maintain oral hygiene while on this medication.
Uses of Tiova Inhaler 200md
- Tiova Inhaler is used for the maintenance treatment of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Tiova Inhaler 200md
If you are allergic to Tiotropium or any other component of Tiova Inhaler.
Side effects of Tiova Inhaler 200md
- Application site irritation (swollen tongue, mouth ulceration and pharyngolaryngeal pain)
- Sinusitis, headache, dizziness
- Constipation, dry mouth, dehydration
- Pain in joints (arthralgia), joint swelling
- Fungal infection in the mouth
- Taste disorders, throat irritation
- Intraocular pressure increased
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Tiova Inhaler 200md
Can I take Tiova Inhaler during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Tiova Inhaler on human pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine during pregnancy unless it is prescribed by your doctor considers it to be safe.
Can I take Tiova Inhaler while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Tiova Inhaler on breastmilk. It is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine during breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by your doctor considers it to be safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tiova Inhaler?
No studies have been performed. However, if you experience dizziness, blurred vision after taking Tiova Inhaler, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Tiova Inhaler?
It is not known whether Tiova Inhaler interacts with alcohol. However, it is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while on this medicine and talk to your doctor if you consume it too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- Your respiratory condition gets worsened characterized by breathing difficulty.
- You have an eye condition known as narrow-angle glaucoma.
- You have kidney disease and urinary retention condition.
- Tiova Inhaler should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
- Tiova Inhaler should not be used for acute attacks or as rescue therapy.
Mode of Action of Tiova Inhaler 200md
How Does It Work?
Tiova Inhaler is a bronchodilator which acts on the smooth muscle of the airway tract and facilitates the relaxation of the smooth muscle and dilation of the airway tract. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms.
Directions for Use of Tiova Inhaler 200md
Tiova Inhaler should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take the exact dose as recommended by the doctor. Do not miss the dose. Do not puncture the canister.
Interactions of Tiova Inhaler 200md
Interactions with other medicines
- Tiova Inhaler used along with other anticholinergic medicine such as ipratropium can cause additive effect, increasing side effects.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Tiova Inhaler 200md
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the children and pets.
- Do not puncture the canister, break it or burn it even if it is empty.
Dosage of Tiova Inhaler 200md
- Excess of Tiova Inhaler can cause dry mouth and inflammation of the eye.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Tiova Inhaler, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Tiova Inhaler?
- Shake the inhaler and remove the cap.
- Hold the inhaler upright and tilt your head slightly backwards.
- Breathe out slowly.
- Place the Tiova Inhaler either 1-2 inches away from the mouth or hold it tightly in the mouth sealed with lips.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply via the mouth and press the inhaler.
- Hold the breath for 10-20 sec and exhale.
Q: Can I share Tiova Inhaler with my friend having COPD?
A: It is recommended not to share your Tiova Inhaler with anyone because the dose depends on the severity of your condition and also sharing may increase the risk of infection.
Q: How long do I need to take Tiova Inhaler?
A: Your doctor may prescribe you to take Tiova Inhaler for a long term because COPD is a chronic condition which requires symptomatic treatment.
Q: Can Tiova Inhaler cause oral infection?
A: Yes, Tiova Inhaler can cause oral infection in some people. It is recommended to maintain oral hygiene. Gargle and floss after using Tiova Inhaler.
Q: How can I prevent my COPD from getting worse?
A: Along with the regular intake of medicine as advised by your doctor, wearing a mask whenever you go out, avoid smoking and heavy workout, can slow the progression of COPD.
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 10:37 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved