Tiova Box Of 200md Metered Dose Inhaler
Tiova 9 MCG Description
Tiova Inhaler contains tiotropium as an active ingredient. It is used for the maintenance of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Tiova is a bronchodilator that acts by dilating the airway t
ract by relaxing the smooth muscle. It should be taken for inhalation purpose via the mouth and not to be swallowed. Take it at the dose recommended by your doctor for the prescribed duration to gain the optimal benefit from it. You may experience dry mouth or oral infection after using Tiova inhaler. Hence, it is recommended to maintain oral hygiene while on this medication.
Uses of Tiova 9 MCG
Contraindications of Tiova 9 MCG
Side effects of Tiova 9 MCG
- Application site irritation (swollen tongue, mouth ulceration and pharyngolaryngeal pain)
- Sinusitis, headache, dizziness
- Constipation, dry mouth, dehydration
- Pain in joints (arthralgia), joint swelling
- Fungal infection in the mouth
- Taste disorders, throat irritation
- Intraocular pressure increased
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Tiova 9 MCG
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Tiova inhaler.
- Your respiratory condition gets worsened characterized by breathing difficulty.
- You have an eye condition known as narrow-angle glaucoma.
- You have kidney disease and urinary retention conditions.
- Tiova Inhaler should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
- Tiova inhaler should not be used for acute attacks or as rescue therapy.
Mode of Action of Tiova 9 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Tiova 9 MCG
Interactions of Tiova 9 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tiova Inhaler used along with other anticholinergic medicine such as ipratropium can cause additive effect, increasing side effects.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Tiova 9 MCG
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the children and pets.
- Do not puncture the canister, break it or burn it even if it is empty.
Dosage of Tiova 9 MCG
- Excess of Tiova Inhaler can cause dry mouth and inflammation of the eye.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Tiova Inhaler?
- Shake the inhaler and remove the cap.
- Hold the inhaler upright and tilt your head slightly backwards.
- Breathe out slowly.
- Place the Tiova Inhaler either 1-2 inches away from the mouth or hold it tightly in the mouth sealed with lips.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply via the mouth and press the inhaler.
- Hold the breath for 10-20 sec and exhale.