Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tide Plus Tablet contains a combination of two medicines namely Torsemide and Spironolactone. This medicine is a water pill, i.e a medicine that increases the frequency of urination. This medicine is
used in the treatment of swelling in the lower limbs due to collection of excess fluid which may occur in conditions where there is reduced pumping of blood by the heart, less protein in the blood due to damage to filtration function of kidneys, liver damage, low potassium levels in the blood, etc. This tablet is also used to treat high blood pressure. However, due to some side effects of the medication and its interaction with some other medicines, Tide Plus Tablet is recommended to be taken in doses and duration strictly as prescribed by a doctor. Inform your doctor, in case you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding. Tell him about all the medicines and supplements your take, and all the diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine....
Uses of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
- Tide Plus Tablet is helpful to treat swelling in the lower limbs due to the collection of excess fluid. It is used in case of liver damage and low potassium levels in the blood. It is also used to treat high blood pressure with hyperaldosteronism (a condition in which the adrenal gland releases too much of the hormone aldosterone into the blood)....Read more
Contraindications of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to one or more components of the medicine
- If you are unable to pass urine
- If you have any liver or kidney disease
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are pregnant or you think you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding
- If you have a heart-related disorder
- If you have a condition of hepatic coma or pre-coma
- If you are currently on antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamicin or one of the cephalosporin class of medicines
- If your kidneys are damaged due to some medication in past
- If you are diagnosed with high potassium levels in the blood or are already taking a water pill (medicine like Eplerenone) that retains potassium
- If you have Addison’s disease (symptoms are stomach pain, weakness, weight loss, darkening of the skin for a long time with episodes of low blood pressure, vomiting, lower back pain and loss of consciousness)...Read more
- If your child has moderate to severe kidney damage
Precautions and Warnings of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
Can I take Tide Plus Tablet during pregnancy?
Tide Plus Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Tide Plus Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tide Plus Tablet should not be used during breastfeeding as it passes into human milk in a small amount and can be harmful to the newborn baby. Thus, either this medicine or breastfeeding should be discontinued. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Tide Plus Tablet ?
Tide Plus Tablet can cause drowsiness and dizziness as soon as you stand. Hence, it is advised not to drive when on treatment with this tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Tide Plus Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Tide Plus Tablet mg tablet as alcohol when consumed with this medicine can reduce blood pressure in a standing position, causing loss of consciousness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney
- You have any heart-related problems
- You have diabetes
- You may experience a ringing sensation in the ears, with or without loss of hearing
- You have heart disease with high levels of potassium in the blood
- You should be cautious about electrolyte imbalance which can show symptoms like irregular or fast heartbeat, tiredness, lack of energy, fits, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach or muscle cramps and weakness, irritability, confusion, headache, numbness, dry mouth, thirst, drowsiness and restlessness...Read more
- You are above 65 years of age, as this medicine should be used with caution as the risk of having severe adverse effects may be increased
- Tide Plus Tablet may increase the potassium levels in the blood
- Male patients may develop swelling in the breast when taking this medicine
- Tide Plus Tablet is not recommended for children as there is no information on its safety and efficiency
Mode of Action of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Torsemide and Spironolactone act on various parts of the kidneys and remove the excess fluid and other unwanted ions (sodium, potassium, and chloride). It also prevents loss of potassium which is impo
rtant for the proper functioning of the heart. The removal of excess fluid also helps in reducing the strain on the heart as well as lowering blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
Tide Plus Tablet should be taken by mouth with sufficient water. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine. Dosage and frequency would be as prescribed by your physician. You should take this medic
ine regularly at the same time and as directed by your doctor. Do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Tide Plus Tablet along with Cholestyramine, (used to lower blood cholesterol), painkillers (Probenecid and Indomethacin) or Carbenoxolone (to treat stomach ulcer), should be avoidedas it will reduce the effect of this tablet....Read more
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with Lithium (to treat psychiatric diseases) should be avoided as it may lead to lithium toxicity.
- This medicine, when taken along with blood pressure tablets like Captopril and lisinopril, may lower the blood pressure excessively and you may feel giddy, thus should be used with caution.
- Concomitant use of this tablet along with blood thinners like Heparin, Cotrimoxazole (antibiotic), Indomethacin, etc. (NSAIDs) can cause an increase in the blood potassium levels.
- Concomitant use of Tide Plus Tablet with barbiturates like butabarbital or narcotics like morphine may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure causing unconsciousness.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with a high dose of salicylates like aspirin may lead to salicylate toxicity and may also cause damage to the kidneys.
- Concomitant use of this tablet with Digoxin, (used in case of heart failure), should be avoided as it may result in increased levels of it in blood and may make the heart more sensitive to the medication. You should inform your treating physician if you are already taking Digoxin....Read more
- Antidiabetic medicine when taken along with this tablet, the action of antidiabetic medications may be reduced
- Concomitant use of this tablet with antibiotics like Amikacin, Neomycin, one of the cephalosporin class of drugs or anticancer medications like Cisplatin should be avoided as you may experience hearing loss, ringing in ears and difficulty in urination....Read more
- Other medicines like Tubocurarine, Atracurium, Prednisone and Betamethasone should be used with caution along with Tide Plus Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
- Store Tide Plus Tablet in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Please keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Tide Plus 20mg Tablet
The overdose symptoms are weakness, dehydration, dizziness, leg cramps, drowsiness, rash, nausea, vomiting, confusion, dizziness, diarrhoea, etc. If you experience any of these symptoms or in case of
an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Tide Plus Tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment and may lead to treatment failure. Hence, it is better to follow the prescribed schedule for optimal results. If you mi
ssed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does Tide Plus Tablet take to show effect?
A: Tide Plus Tablet may show its effect within 1 hour after taking this medicine, but it may differ from person to person.
Q: What tests would my doctor prescribe me during or before therapy with Tide Plus Tablet?
A: Your doctor may advise you to do a blood test called 'Kidney Function Test'. It assesses the levels of electrolyte in blood as well as gives an idea about the filtration function of the kidney. Depending on your current health status and other medications, your doctor may prescribe more tests simultaneously.
Q: How to take Tide Plus Tablet?
A: You should take Tide Plus Tablet mg tablet in doses and duration as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, do not break, cut, or chew the tablet.
Q: Is Tide Plus Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Tide Plus Tablet does not show any habit-forming tendencies.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 07:10 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved