Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
100 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Thyrox Tablet contains Levothyroxine as its active component. It is a synthetic form of a naturally occurring hormone known as thyroxine produced by the thyroid gland. Thyrox Tablet is used for the treatment of a Hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce sufficient thyroid hormones. It is characterised by lethargy, feeling tired, weight gain, constipation, muscle pain, hair loss, increased sensitivity to cold, feeling low and irregular menstrual cycle. This medicine should be used with caution in elder patients, patients with heart diseases and patients with disorders related to the adrenal gland. This dose and the duration should be strictly followed as per the prescription of the doctor. In case of any allergic reactions or any severe side effects contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
For the treatment of Hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
Contraindications of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Levothyroxine or any ingredients of Thyrox Tablet.
- If you have any disorders related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
Can I take Thyrox Tablet during pregnancy?
- Thyrox Tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman may require a higher dose of this medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancy, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor.read less
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or even cause miscarriage. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Can I take Thyrox Tablet while breastfeeding?
Thyrox Tablet is safe to be used in a lactating women. Milk production in women with hypothyroidism sometimes gets affected due to low levels of thyroxine as thyroxine plays a crucial role in the production of milk and Breast development.
Can I drive if I have consumed Thyrox Tablet 25mcg tablet?
You can drive after consuming Thyrox Tablet. It does not impair your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Thyrox Tablet 25mcg tablet?
Alcohol consumption may alter the effect of the medicine. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Thyrox Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly patient (over 50 years of age) and with existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You have heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is needed for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Thyrox Tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Thyrox Tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Thyroid hormone plays a crucial role in metabolism and much physiological activity such as digestion, brain development, heart and muscle function. In Hypothyroidism, your body is unable to produce sufficient thyroid hormone and maintain optimal physiological functions. Levothyroxine provides sufficient levels of thyroid hormone by acting as a substitute for the naturally produced thyroid hormone.
Directions for Use of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
- Tke Thyrox Tablet on an empty stomach.
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required if you are taking Thyrox Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class.read less
- Thyrox Tablet can interfere with the action medicines used for psychiatric disorders like Amitriptyline/Imipramine and can give side effects like irregular heartbeats.
- Thyrox Tablet may interfere with the action of cold preparations containing phenylephrine, painkillers, anaesthetics like ketamine and anti-hypertensive medicines like Propranolol and Atenolol.
- Medicines used to control Irregular heartbeats like Amiodarone, lipid-lowering medicines such as Lovastatin.
- Medicines used to treat fits or convulsions like Phenytoin and Carbamazepine and few medicines used for the treatment of obesity may reduce the effect of Thyrox Tablet. Dose adjustment is required to inform your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines.read less
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4-5 hours with Thyrox Tablet.
- Oral Contraceptives and hormonal preparations used to treat menopause symptoms may increase or decrease the effect of Thyrox Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, soybean flour, fibre-rich food, walnuts and cottonseed meal can reduce the effect of this medication. Thus, it should not be consumed when taking Thyrox Tablet.
Dosage of Thyrox 12.5mcg Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Thyrox Tablet include fever, chest pain, irregular heartbeats, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am a Diabetic Patient. Can I take Thyrox Tablet?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken in a diabetic condition. It is mandatory to consult and inform your doctor about diabetes as there are chances that Thyrox Tablet can affect the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and dose adjustment may be required.
Q: Can I take Thyrox Tablet to lose weight?
A: No, this medicine is strictly not a weight loss medication. This medicine should be used if it is prescribed by a physician for thyroid-related disorders. Don't self-medicate or use it for any other ailments other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: Can Thyrox Tablet and Esomoprazole be taken together?
A: No, Esomeprazole may affect the absorption of Thyrox Tablet. Thus, it should never be taken at the same time. Maintain a gap of 4 hours between the consumption of Esomeprazole and Thyrox Tablet.
Q: Can I take Thyrox Tablet after breakfast?
A: Thyrox Tablet should be taken preferably one hour before your first meal or breakfast.
Other Products from this Brand
- Thyrox 50 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyrox 25 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyrox 100 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyrox 75 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyrox 125 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyrox 88 Mcg Tablet
- Thyrox 150 Mcg Tablet
- Thyrox 75 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Thyrox 62 5 Mcg Tab 100 S
- Thyrox 200 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Thyrox 25 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Thyrox 50 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Thyrox 200 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Thyrox 125 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Last Updated on: 06 Apr 2021 | 06:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved