Terbinaforce 250mg Strip Of 7 Tablets
Terbinaforce 250 MG Description
Terbinaforce tablet is an anti-fungal medicine. It contains terbinafine as its active ingredient. This medicine is used for the treatment of fungal infections of the skin, hair and nails. Fungus is p
resent everywhere around us, even on our skin or inside our body, but not all of them are harmful. Fungal infection occurs when we come in contact with fungus or inhale it. The most common type of fungal infection is on external surfaces such as skin, hair, nails, etc. It can also spread to the lungs if inhaled. Terbinaforce tablet acts by inhibiting the growth of fungal cell walls, thus killing the fungi and preventing the further spread of infection. Terbinaforce tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You can take this medicine with meals to avoid an upset stomach. Always complete the entire course of the treatment, even if you start feeling better. Stopping the treatment in between can result in incomplete eradication of the infection causing organism from the body, thus increasing the risk of re-infection.
|You Save||₹15.02 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Uses of Terbinaforce 250 MG
Contraindications of Terbinaforce 250 MG
- If you are allergic to the terbinafine or other active ingredients present in Terbinaforce tablet.
- If you have an active or serious liver problem.
Side effects of Terbinaforce 250 MG
- Decreased appetite
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Terbinaforce 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using the Terbinaforce tablet.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You experience any undesirable signs and symptoms like vomiting, fatigue, dark urine, abdominal pain, etc.
- You have a weakened immune system.
- You are suffering from a condition - lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease that affects skin, joints kidneys and other organs).
- You experience skin reactions like Stevens-Johnson syndrome (serious skin disorder).
- You have developed a rash due to a high level of a specific type of WBCs (white blood cells).
- You have pityriasis Versicolor (a common skin infection caused due to yeast that looks like flaky patches usually appears on the back and chest), this medicine may not be effective.
Directions for Use of Terbinaforce 250 MG
- Terbinaforce tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It should be taken in doses and frequency as prescribed by your doctor and should not be taken for a duration longer than prescribed.
Storage and disposal of Terbinaforce 250 MG
- Store the Terbinaforce tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Terbinaforce 250 MG
- Terbinaforce tablet is an antifungal medicine. This medicine is used for the treatment of fungal infections of the skin, hair and nails.
- Terbinaforce tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
- You can take this medicine with meals to avoid an upset stomach.
- Always complete the entire course of the treatment, even if you start feeling better.
- Headache, vomiting and abdominal cramps are some side effects of this medicine. If side effects bother you or your condition does not improve over time, please inform your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to the terbinafine or other active ingredients present in Terbinaforce tablet.
- Missing a dose of this medicine can cause treatment failure as it is an antifungal medicine.
Dosage of Terbinaforce 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Terbinaforce 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Terbinaforce 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Terbinaforce tablet works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for treating conditions like psychiatric illnesses, high blood pressure, heart problems, tuberculosis and other groups of medicines like other antifungals, antibiotics, blood-thinning medicines and antacids....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Terbinaforce tablet works?
Q: What is Terbinaforce tablet used for?
Q: Can I stop taking Terbinaforce tablet when I feel better?
Q: Does Terbinaforce cause taste disturbances?
Q: Is Terbinaforce an antibiotic?
Q: When should I take Terbinaforce Tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Terbinaforce tablet?
Q: What is the dose of Terbinaforce tablet?
- LAMISIL (terbinafine hydrochloride) Tablets, 250 mg For oral use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Drugs H. Terbinafine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- TERBICIP Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Terbinafine 250mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Fungal Infections - Protect Your Health [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]