Terapal 250mg Bottle Of 100 Capsules
By JAGSONPAL PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
100 Capsule(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Terapal 250 MG Description
Terapal Capsule is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes, skin, respiratory tract, urinary tract, etc. Terapal Capsule is an antibiotic medicine containing tetracycline as an active ingredie
nt. This medicine acts by inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing organism. Take this medicine for the prescribed dose and duration. You should take this medicine with food to avoid stomach upset. You should complete the entire treatment course with this medicine, as an incomplete course of antibiotics can result in treatment failure.
|You Save||₹15.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light|
Check more medicines with composition as Tetracycline(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Terapal 250 MG
Terapal Capsule is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections such as urinary tract, respiratory tract infections like pneumonia, eye infection, skin infection like acne, sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and other infections....
Contraindications of Terapal 250 MG
If you are allergic to tetracycline or any of the ingredients of this medicine. If you have a kidney or liver problem. If you are giving this to children below 12 years. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have a condition characterised by a rash, hair loss, fever, malaise and joint pain (systemic lupus erythematosus). If you are on vitamin A supplement....
Side effects of Terapal 250 MG
- Sensitivity to light
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Terapal 250 MG
Can I take the Terapal Capsule during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy. Terapal Capsule can cause adverse effects on the foetus, especially on bones development. It can also affect the liver of the pregnant woman.
Can I take the Terapal Capsule while breastfeeding?
- It passes into the breastmilk and may affect the newborn baby. Hence it is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment.
- However, if the doctor suggests you to take the Terapal Capsule depending on your condition then he may ask you to monitor the breastfed baby for the symptoms like diarrhoea or rashes.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Terapal Capsule?
Terapal Capsule does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery, however, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Terapal Capsule?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with Terapal Capsule. So it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop permanent discolouration of the tooth.
- You have a kidney problem, then this medicine may lead to increased levels of urea, phosphates or acid in the blood, etc.
- You miss your dose of antibiotics frequently, which may lead to treatment failure or bacterial resistance.
- You may experience persistent diarrhoea or blood in stool, treatment should be stopped immediately.
- You are taking this medicine for a long time and also you have a liver or kidney problem, as much caution is required in such patients. Your doctor may suggest you to monitor liver and kidney tests regularly during the treatment....
- You may experience swelling and pain in the pancreas due to prolonged use.
- You may suffer from muscle weakness or autoimmune disorders.
- You may develop sensitivity to sunlight, in such a condition doctor may stop the medicine.
Mode of Action of Terapal 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Tetracycline acts by inhibiting the synthesis of protein which is essential for bacterial growth. Hence helps in stopping the growth and prevents them from increasing in numbers. Hence helps in treating certain infections....
Directions for Use of Terapal 250 MG
Terapal Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break, or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food or milk. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Terapal 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines containing iron, calcium, aluminium, magnesium, bismuth and zinc salts, can affect the activity of this medicine, so it should be given between a gap of 2-3 hours.
- It can prolong the action of anticoagulants like coumarin.
- Concomitant use of tetracyclines and retinoids (acitretin, isotretinoin, tretinoin) can increase the risk of high blood pressure inside the brain.
- If you take this medicine along with methoxyflurane which is used as an anaesthetic, can cause adverse effects to kidney like you may find the presence of nitrogen in urine reports.
- Antidiarrhoeal medicines like kaolin-pectin and bismuth subsalicylate can affect the absorption of this medicine
- Water pills like furosemide can impair with kidney function.
- Antibiotics like penicillin can oppose the action of this medicine.
- You are diabetic then it can increase the effect of antidiabetic medicines like insulin, glimepiride.
- Other medicines are atovaquone to treat pneumonia, antacids like sucralfate, lithium to treat the mental condition, digoxin to treat a heart condition, colestipol and cholestyramine, oral contraceptives, strontium ranelate for osteoporosis, ergotamine and methysergide to treat migraine can affect the absorption of this medicine....
- It can cause adverse effects if used along with methotrexate to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Interactions with food items
Avoid dairy products during the treatment.
Storage and disposal of Terapal 250 MG
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in original packing in order to protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Terapal 250 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, cloudy urine or blood in the urine. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the Terapal Capsule during viral and running nose?
A: Terapal Capsule should not be used for viral infections and flu that occurs due to viruses. It is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections.
Q: Can I stop the treatment with the Terapal Capsule before the prescribed duration if I feel an improvement in symptoms?
A: No, you should complete the entire course of the treatment even if you feel better, as there can still be infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. As incomplete treatment may result in an increased risk of re-infection and antibiotic resistance.
- Tetracycline Tablets BP 250mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Tetracycline [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Tetracycline Tablets BP 250mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed